Chicago | 1000M (1000 S Michigan Ave) | 805 FT | 73 FLOORS

It’s interesting that Chicago follows the model of smaller cities by including huge garages at the base. Chicago should emulate NY — not Atlanta.

1 Like

I think it has something to do with how spread out the city is in general. They’re only hemmed in by water on one side.

1 Like
5 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
8 Likes

Credit: Eric Allix Rogers

6 Likes
5 Likes

That’s your personal opinion. Not everyone’s

And then who is interested in Chicago???

Do you mean personally, or like in a business/company sense?

1 Like

Well, I totally love Chicago. I know I rarely talk about it on here, but it’s an impressive skyline and the growth is great to see. I was supposed to go to Chicago back in 2017, but I never got to go and since then ive always been thinking about going to Chciago

Good question. I don’t want to make it seem like I’m rambling

Well that really depends on the person.
I like to see stuff go up in Chicago, and hope they can get a lot of their big projects done (Tribune Tower East, Soldier Stadium renovation, etc)

Though it can be disheartening when a lot of their proposals end up staying proposals

Well, there’s 110 Chicago forums. I’d safely assume that a lot of people here are interested in Chicago and its developments

Incorrect. Yimby was mainly all about New York at first, but with the massive increase of construction all across the planet, YIMBY along with long time forum members decided that YIMBY should expand. And not just the forums expanded, but the YIMBY newsletter itself as Chicago, Florida, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia (Which I’ve worked for since August 2020). It wasn’t out of bordem, it was a response from observing how much is rising.

5 Likes

Not to mention my buddy and our buddy @Skyalign works for Florida YIMBY. Great stuff homie

3 Likes

That’s cool man, I didn’t know you worked for Philly yimby!

Also 007, if you don’t feel there’s enough content on Chicago, feel free to post more.

1 Like

Why do they have to live in the city? I don’t live in Philly (but I’m just a few miles away) yet I constantly post about it. Hell even back then I think I’ve created NYC forums. And you just stated recently youre European, yet we all remember you making tons of proposals all over the world. Why would you even dispute that when you have done the same thing?

3 Likes

Thomas is the name. YIMBY is the game

5 Likes