AUSTIN | 3rd & Congress St | 1243 FT ? | 90 FLOORS

Next tallst skyscraper project in Texas.

„Provided the transaction ultimately closes, the partners hope to eventually build a mixed-use tower on the site that could feature a high-end hotel, office space, condos and ground-floor retail, sources said.

While the development team is still early in the planning process, they are said to be looking at architects to design what could potentially be one of the tallest towers in the Austin skyline. Sources familiar with the deal suggested the tower could ultimately rise as high as 90 stories — making it the tallest tower in Texas.

Others played down the potential of a record-breaking tower at the site, especially considering the uncertain status of the sale and economic conditions that could be unpredictable over the coming months and years. An existing ground lease at the site is another ongoing issue that could impact a potential project timeline."

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2022/05/18/judge-approves-95m-sale-of-properties-tower.html

3 Likes

Austin is going nuts. They already have one supertall virtually guaranteed to rise. There’s another possibility other than this one too.

3 Likes

And what would be the other option! A third Supertall is in the works for Austin?

Railyard District with over 1000 feet? Two Towers at the Railyard Could Redefine Austin’s Skyline Twice – TOWERS

4 Likes

yeah that one

2 Likes

Austin or Texas Yimby

go go 1350 feet

2 Likes

Per ATX (SSP)

The 3rd & Congress 90-story mixed use tower is envisioned as office, residential & hotel. That is the same mix as the 1,022’ 98 Red River supertall. Assuming the same floor to ceiling ratios as 98RR, 3rd & Congress would be 1,243’.

4 Likes

This is the site for the 90 floor skyscraper or the next biggest Skyscraper in Texas.

Site:

https://www.emporis.de/buildings/map#c=30.266325,-97.743828&z=18
Credit: emporis

What top place would this project of the tallest skyscrapers in the U.S. cities with the height of 1,243 feet ?

6 Likes

Of all buildings currently completed? I believe it would be number 10. However that position is going lower by the day, even just considering stuff being built right now.

270 is being built.
Penn 15 is almost guaranteed to rise.
2 WTC.

I could go on.

3 Likes

That’s a good question lol

2 Likes

I guess the place this tower would be, considering of the height, will be around the same place as the ESB

2 Likes

It would be 7 feet shorter. However this is not really ESB’s true height, it’s really about 200 feet taller

2 Likes

Assuming if we count ESB’s true height, which they don’t due to the antenna, then it’s place would be much higher

2 Likes

Indeed

1 Like

Per ATX

Yes, I’m looking forward to the site plan filing for 3rd & Congress to see what we are going to get as the next, next, next new tallest. There is already some money behind that project.

over 1200 feet… in Austin

WOW

3 Likes

Do we have a design for this project yet?

1 Like

No, not yet but soon.

2 Likes

I wonder what the abortion ruling will have on future building in Texas?

It’s all come to an end. There will be no future building. No businesses or individuals will ever move to Texas again…

2 Likes

Per ATX

A Development Assessment permit was filed today for 203 Colorado. It maps to this project. I’m changing the project name from 3rd & Congress to 3rd & Colorado.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/public-search-other?t_detail=1&t_selected_folderrsn=12972389&t_selected_propertyrsn=549068

1 Like