AUSTIN | 3rd & Congress St | 1243 FT ? | 90 FLOORS

I guess it failed to pass. I just checked on it

What???

You have the link to it?

The permit didn’t fail per se, parts of the submitted materials were rejected because they failed to adequately show some conditions required by the city.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/attachment/attachmentDownload.jsp?p=TkRqI1dXFGAo272A8FyMYd65fD46i7B6rIKcEQVdIFlzK8o6DQcAWQ%3D%3D

2 Likes

Does nothing arise here?

Is the project now canceled?

The city permit site is down, so it can not be checked. But the developer not having all the correct information in their submitted materials doesn’t mean the project is cancelled. They can always resubmit.

3 Likes

So there is still a hope on the supertall.

I read a comment on SSP that there is something new about the next tallst skyscraper in Austin, if applicable. Do you know anything more about it?

1 Like

I haven’t heard any particular news about that. Would you happen to know if it was related to this project, 98 Red River, or a completely different project?

From SSP jdawgboy

“Crazy how there is already gossip in the local forum about another Austin tower in the works that could end up being taller than 98 Red River! So this tower may not last for too long as the tallest in Austin, let alone Texas.”

98 Red River it is not, it would be one of the other possible Supertall projects:
Projekt 3rd & Congress Street or Railyard District

1 Like

For Austin, 3 Supertalls

Railyard District
98 Red River
and this

Wow

Ah, yes I recall reading that on SSP, speculation is being pointed towards 410 E. 5th by a user who may have inside information but is unsure if that is the project site, but they don’t believe it to be this project or in the Railyard District.

1 Like

Is this not;

??
4th supertall

Yes, that is the speculated site, but like I said the user does not know if they interpreted the information correctly to pinpoint it back to that site.

2 Likes

Per urbannizer

Word floating around in the Austin sub-forum that a supertall taller than 98 Red River is proposed. This comes from two different users. It is said to be presented to the design commission in late September with a 3Q 2023 start date, 4 year construction timeline.

No word on location. My guess would be 3rd and Congress, what’s being planned there is rumored to be a super tall.

Edit: Going through the discussion again it may be 410 East 5th- currently proposed at 54 floors but is said to be “drastically updated.”

1 Like

Originally Posted by jake.robs View Post
I was at an event downtown presenting my models and got into a conversation with a couple of guys that work for the company that now owns this plot and is working on developing it.

They told me a ballpark figure of 1,100 ft.

We may see a day when Austin has the tallest building outside of NYC or Chicago. Crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post
I’ve also heard this mentioned, but no details or timeline yet. It’s a group out of NY spearheading the project.

1 Like