AUSTIN | Republic Tower | 708 Feet | 46 Floors

This building has been proposed for quite a while and finally has been approved.

I’m sorry, but there’s no Austin category. So it’s here until there’s an Austin category (and I don’t know how to create one. My apologies.)

12 Likes

Damn that is one beefy tower!

2 Likes

Austin is rapidly Manhattanizing. Indeed recently completed a major office building, and Google is building a second tower for their offices in the city. In addition to that, there are several major residential towers proposed and under construction including what will be the tallest in the city.

2 Likes

Starlink is building a facility across the interstate of where Tesla giga factory is getting built

2 Likes

There is a lot going on in Austin. One supertall proposed at 98 Red River (1030 feet), 6 X Guadalupe that is under construction (848 feet), proposed 774 feet tall at 321 W. 6th St. and much more proposed or under construction around the city.

3 Likes

Image: Lincoln Property Company / Phoenix Property Company / Duda/Paine Architects / HKS Architects

Image: Lincoln Property Company / Phoenix Property Company / Duda/Paine Architects / HKS Architects

6 Likes

Most of Austin’s new towers absolutely suck. This one is far better than most of them.

Here’s what it will look like in Austin’s skyline.

Photo by Manuel Garza.
Photo composite by Henry Han.

7 Likes

I believe we can just ask @YIMBY to make an Austin category. Or an admin

3 Likes

Austin skyline webcam. You’ll eventually be able to see it from here.

3 Likes

„ License agreement for three (3) tower cranes required to erect The Republic office building located at 401 W. 4th St.“
Interactive Development Review Permitting and Inspection | AustinTexas.gov - The Official Website of the City of Austin

4 Likes

A new rendering from the Republic Tower

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeCK77WlED_/

2 Likes

It’s not showing up.

It’s showing for me

Are you logged into Instagram? I’m not.

That’s probably it…

Wait nvm I may have misunderstood.
It is not showing on this site, but the link is taking me directly to the correct post.

1 Like

I’m not logged into instagram. If anyone cares, I suggest posting links for which you don’t need to log in to an external site to see.

1 Like

I’m always logged in, and I don’t see the post

2 Likes

1 Like