ASIA | Megacity NEOM Project

4 Likes

I don’t know where they keep getting “tallest buildings from”. There has been zero mention of a building taller than the Burj being built here. Most of the focus has been on a super long building.

Not to mention at this point this project is no better than a vision so actually building heights haven’t been determined yet.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2022-07-15/is-saudi-s-neom-the-future-of-cities-or-a-fantasy

2 Likes

This 120km building will never happen. They can’t even finish Jeddah Tower. Maybe this will be the greatest case of value engineering the world has ever seen if it actually starts construction. (I doubt they’d even get it to 1km)

I’m skeptical on the whole NEOM project in general. The crown prince is just one of those people who propose ridiculous things constantly that will never be built or will be built totally differently. Essentially proposes fantasy buildings as actual things to be built. But fantasy = never happening.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgg2082MJYj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Lol. This thing

1 Like

He wants this built by 2030, but others suggest likely in 50 years lol. The optimism is unreal

3 Likes

A structure of this size is completely unfeasible. This is a pipe dream.

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes

This is enough to make Robert Moses’ proposals look contextual and sensitive.

1 Like
5 Likes

See my comment above as to my feelings on this project. This is too WEF, Klaus Schwab for my tastes.

1 Like

I could see this working at a much smaller scale around 1KM to use as a future concept in land sustainability for cities of the future. however as proposed is a useless vanity project that will never be completed.

Have you ever heard the phrase “when hell freezes over” and wondered when exactly that would be?

It has now been announced this particular event is scheduled for the calendar year 2029.

5 Likes
2 Likes

This thing is sheer hubris that will go the way of Jeddah tower except 10x worse. The renderings are pure fantasyland-- building half a percent of what is shown in them would cost all of Aramco.
The spirit of Enron, Theranos, and Fyre Festival wrapped into one absurd package

2 Likes
2 Likes