ASIA | Megacity NEOM Project

Saudi government is pure evil. It’s disgusting that anyone in US government or private sector does business with these thugs, who don’t even pretend to have the most cursory decency or human rights. In addition to this, they are happy to cooperate with Putin and the CCP while continuing to receive high-end American weapons to kill starving defenseless Yemenis with.

It is sad that they can attract professionals from America and other democratic countries to work on these projects like NEOM. The NEOM page is full of random westerners who sell out to give a veneer of legitimacy to these projects

1 Like

A gubernatorial candidate from a major United States political party has given a veneer of legitimacy to a regime that is fundamentally opposed to human rights.

1 Like

I’m no architect or engineer, so my question for the ones that are on this forum, is it even physically possible to complete this project by 2030? Seems way too optimistic lol

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj6FaPKMEAc/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I’m neither a architect or engineer as well, but that’s a good question lol.

Well considering the project is 170km long I doubt it’ll be completed by 2030. Perhaps maybe 2050 or even 2070 depending on the design and materials.

But who knows, maybe this project can get reduced somehow and it could possibly be complete between 2030-2040

1 Like

2040 seems like a solid time frame, some 18 years or so.

1 Like

otskydrone

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but are those the foundations for one of the walls that are 1600+ ft tall?

No, I believe the current trench is half the width of the full 200 m (~650’) projected dimension of the whole project so 100m wide atm. Mid image you can see where terrain has been shaved as well that possibly shows the other half and there is also an almost “invisible” like line in the terrain that shows the other half as well. The side “towers” will only be about 40 meters wide or 130’. So compared to the area already dug out, the foundations or width of the towers would only be about 2/5th the current width.

@Skyalign Lol, I don’t even know if that question could be answered by someone in the Construction industry let alone someone in the Architecture or Engineering industry. This project is so absurd that once images of the dig were released everyone practically started losing their minds. I think it will all come down to the total number of workers and if building materials are continuously available. 8 years may seem like a very short period for a building of this size (nearly 560,000 ft in length/105 miles), but if all the right things are in place, it’s very possible. Considering also that all aspects of the project seem to be being built at the same time (whole length of foundation, whole length of buildings, etc) I believe that would “quicken” the time frame since phases are not being implemented.

I think what’s throwing some people off is the renders, the interior “space” between the walls is made to look like it’s absolutely gargantuan, and like it has a million floors and makes people look like ants when in reality its only like the length of a football field, which is big, but not as big as the renders make it look.

3 Likes
1 Like

This thing will never be completed. 170 km? Lol. Though it may be successful in driving foreign investment which may be the actual goal

1 Like
3 Likes

This can’t be real… this may go down as the biggest squandering of government funds in history. It is comedy writing itself. Imagine being a Saudi seeing this nonsense.

If this project actually even gets 5% complete, it will bankrupt Saudia Arabia.

This makes the Ryugyong in Pyongyang look like a well-conceived, reasonable, successful project.

1 Like

Must be for the international workers they are bringing in to legitimize this charade

3 Likes

Everyone has a price…

2 Likes
1 Like

Saudi BAUER is one of contractor for building the foundation of the line, which will be at least 70 m in depth and 2.5 in width. in comparisin Burj Khalifah piles are 1.5 m in width and 47 m in depth

Per: NEOM | The Line | 488m x 2 | 1600ft x 2 | U/C | Page 15 | SkyscraperCity Forum

3 Likes

2 Likes

Lol, I can see my account there (walle_the_nyc_enthusiast)

Aside from that, good thing this project is still moving forward :slight_smile: