WEEHAWKEN l (HAMILTON COVE) 800 HARBOR BOULEVARD l 16 FLOORS

This is now under construction. It is the site on the left of the map in the red outline(residential 586 units). The other red section on the right with the 365 wholefoods is also under construction. There are construction sites about this size or slightly smaller all along river road and pt imperial boulevard all the way up the hudson. This is one of the larger developments though, and seems to be about double the height of most others. All last year they had been doing piledriving but they are now out of the ground in some sections with rebar.

http://www.hartzmountain.com/Pages/800HarborBoulevard.aspx

Here is the site as of 2 days ago.

9 Likes

Today

4 Likes

Above ground. From a few days ago

8 Likes

They have a huge crew working on this one as it is a massive project. Going up quick now.

6 Likes

great to see the rest of the ‘Gold Coast’ building up even with all of the activity in JC.

1 Like

The entire Weehawken coast is on fire with new construction lately. Just hard to notice since most are under 10 floors.

5 Likes

Yesterday

5 Likes

The facade looks terrible so far.

6 Likes

Maybe they’re going for the renovated-industrial-spaces look. The mass of the buildings give me that scale. The original renders showed a dark gray color that switches with the beige.

2 Likes

I don’t mind it. It looks clean at least. Much better than the usual faux colonial/stucco jobs that go up the shore from Weehawken to Fort Lee.

3 Likes

^^^ agreed. It’s something different and I like how imposing it looks. And no red brick!

1 Like

I like the massing. But the facade and windows looks so boring and lame. Maybe there is protective film over the glass and framing? Might look a bit better when complete. Just seems cheap to me.

1 Like

from 9/8/19 taken from Hudson Yards

3 Likes

Today

7 Likes

6 Likes