The New York Metropolitan Skyline Photo Collection

18 Likes

20 Likes

Best angle to see this new crop!
Was this taken from Sunset Park?

12 Likes

No but I bet you could get a similar view from Lookout Hill in PP. This was from a friends apartment on Flatbush

6 Likes

Today’s storm:

Gary Hershorn

17 Likes

If 175 Park Ave gets built, it will be just to the right of Chrysler. This view will be that much better!

You mean just to the left? It would be infront of 270 Park Ave and 111 W 57th St.

2 Likes

Oh, you’re right. I’m wrong. Because left is right and right is wrong. So if it’s not right, than left is the only thing left. Right?

2 Likes
15 Likes

From yesterday.

21 Likes

The past few posts have had some truly great shots!! ACL11, what stop is that on the 7 that you got that shot at? Looks like a photo I saved a while back from @baronson (which, despite being a different part of NY, I’m also curious of what station this was taken at)! The contrast between the grunginess and the new skyscrapers is pretty amazing!

13 Likes

That’s Queensboro Plaza on the 7. My shot was I think from 170th Street station on the 4 train in the Bronx.

4 Likes

Amazing shot by the way! Also after exploring through Google Maps I found that the station location you took the shot is actually Burnside Avenue :slight_smile: :+1:

Thank you I often take pics with my phone in a new area to get the geolocation tagged since I can’t do that with my DSLR. But I didn’t in this case. And I admit I spent 20 minutes on Google Maps and Earth trying to figure it out and remember. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Queensboro Plaza in Queens. You can use the 7, N or W to get there.

2 Likes

The grand city!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEH6eM9i_t4

10 Likes

16 Likes

From 5.21.24:

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

From 6.1.24:

Imgur