The New York Metropolitan Skyline Photo Collection

New Haven is much too far for that. Maybe in Greenwich or Stamford, CT.

But the Empire State Building is so majestic and massive. I wouldn’t be surprised if you could see it from a far distance.

1 Like

That reminds me. I was once on the Bridgeport-Port Jefferson ferry to Long Island 3 years ago and when I was looking southwest, I saw a glimpse (silhouette) of the whole Manhattan skyline, well mostly the peaks of it. And that includes coming back as well. I did use binoculars to see them.

There was also a time when I was in Pleasure Beach in Bridgeport, there was a certain shot that I’ve taken and I saw a glimpse of Central Park Tower (while it was under construction)

It’s incredible for sure. I’d love to see more shots from a comparable distance from the East with the Midtown, Downtown Manhattan and Downtown Brooklyn skylines framed up equally. Anybody have a favorite panoramic photo spot on that side? Maybe a rooftop in central Queens?

Thanks for the musical selection. So many people slap on techno or some other annoying music that just makes me put it on mute.

Here is a panorama I stitched from 35 photos taken on 2.12.22. You can see midtown, downtown, and Jersey City. And if you look closely, you can see 9 Dekalb in BK and a very small part of the Skyline tower in LIC. Full res on my Flickr if you click the picture.

24 Likes

Great job!!

4 Likes

Old Glory Park. Jersey has the best views of the city.

2 Likes

epic stream of a morning news helicopter flight over the entire city. Includes the moon setting and coverage of a fire in Jersey.

7 Likes

Cloud City

17 Likes

I was about to post this earlier. Grabbed a bunch of EarthCam shots. The sky was crazy.

Here’s a panorama I stitched from 2.10.22. Click through for the full res on my Flickr.

16 Likes

I am absolutely captivated by this shot.

Credit: Linksgem

17 Likes

10 Likes

Someone asked for a future 2030 render so I edited it.

4 Likes

That “someone” is me :slight_smile:. Also thanks for the render!

12 Likes

EarthCam

9 Likes

Statue of Liberty EarthCam

6 Likes

From the most recent Traveling Robert video.

7 Likes