The New York Metropolitan Skyline Photo Collection

Ah thanks. Would love to see Broad Street come up, I really like the desgin. Same with the rest of the WTC complex. I’ll have to read more about the Two Bridges project though.

Solow passed away a couple years ago before COVID hit, so it’s likely gone to his son. That’s going to be the east side’s Hudson Yards, I would imagine, so be prepared for some of those Empire State views from queens to be eliminated as well. Ownership and legal hoopla will be the biggest hurdles, they don’t need to build a giant platform over an active railyard, but perhaps some remeditation to the ground, chemicals and what not from the power plant? The biggest “after” question will be how big the project ends up.

1 Like

I’d like to see Naftali take over that site and do a Sutton Place 2.0 with his favorite architects.

@colrain I think getting Robert A.M. Stern and Bjarke Ingels in a room together would be the best thing for this site. Stern can handle the site planning and materials, but Ingels can go nuts with programming and different ways to implement tech into the design.

19 Likes

Imgur

On Flickr paramsach | Flickr

25 Likes

What building is changing color here?

5 Likes

think thats 425 park avenue. If so, interesting, I think that’s the first time we have all seen its fins change color

4 Likes

Are there any other pictures that show it lit up at night? I haven’t seen it yet.

Yes, check out the 425 Park Avenue forum NEW YORK | 425 Park Ave | 860 FT | 41 FLOORS

1 Like

Catching up on old photos:

9.14.21:

From 9.19.21:

From 9.25.21:

12 Likes

18 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUYlGRogdsN/?utm_medium=copy_link
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLWsUg3JAFG/?utm_medium=copy_link

10 Likes

09/28/2021

16 Likes

The New York megalopolis reached 23.5 million people according to the 2020 Census.

6 Likes

Midtown Manhattan skyline taken by me on October 9, 2021

3 Likes

Trantor… I mean NYC

Source/Credit

12 Likes

Future New York with the canceled Metropolitan North building.

5 Likes

Just for fun.

4 Likes

Man I would love to see that thing rise. Not only would it be replacing a POS but it looks amazing in its own right. Of course that’s unlikely to happe.