SAN Francisco | MISSION ROCK

Construction has started for Phase One of the Mission Rock development in Mission Bay, San Francisco. The land has been graded with foundations for the road network already visible and the steel superstructure for The Canyon on Parcel A rising over 3rd Street. Phase One includes two residential buildings, two offices, and the waterfront China Basin Park. Tishman Speyer is responsible for the development in partnership with the city’s major league baseball team, The Giants, and the Port of San Francisco.

Mission Rock site north-west bird’s eye view, image courtesy Mission Rock Partners, rendering by Binyan Studios

The Canyon at Parcel A viewed from the Bay, design by MVRDV, rendering by pixelflakes

Mission Rock phase one full ensemble, rendering courtesy Mission Rock Partners

Mission Rock Parcel G, rendering by Henning Larsen

9 Likes

Is there anything new about this project?

3 Likes

Yep!

plus a bunch of new renderings in the story, worth checking out

5 Likes

It was fun watching this rise in the background of the Giants’ epic season this year. I’m hoping to swing by and see for myself this week when I come home for the holidays.

3 Likes

I also want to highlight that the new headlining image shows the ghost of Parcel K, which is expected to rise as part of phase three. Curious addition!

7 Likes

Definitely try to! Seeing The Canyon while driving or walking over the bridge from SoMa is exciting. The scale is already impressive, and it’s only just reached the podium!

1 Like

I walk by the construction a couple of times a week and it’s exciting to see the distinctively different looks of these buildings come into focus. This development will be so much more interesting and lively than the bland condo/hotel across 3rd street.

8 Likes

Nice! I really have to do another update in a month or two, this one is hard to keep up with. They’ve already started vertical construction on Parcel B since our last coverage.

1 Like

Source

7 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

Good pictures from the grand opening of The Canyon. I love this design by MVRDV.

5 Likes

Next to the Canyon, Tishman Speyer is finishing up the design by Studio Gang for apartments on Parcel F.

9 Likes
1 Like

There goes the era of having a vast sea of tailgate barbecues before the ballgame!

Worth it, though.

1 Like
2 Likes