PHILADELPHIA | Lowrise/General Developments

And now for November CDR…

1201 West Girard Avenue
A new 4-story, 166 unit building replacing a Rite Aid. Loving the density!
Click Here For Renderings

1900 North Front Street
New six story building with 105 units. We need to step back for a minute and appreciate the massive amount of development around the Berks El Station, so much density-ridership is going to continue to skyrocket!

1021 North 3rd Street
A new eight-story, 28 unit building. This will be another Post Brothers Liberties Walk development. Also, on one of the renderings, a potential seven story office building shows up, maybe a future plan for the neighborhood?

And that’s what Northern Liberties is going to look like in a few years-INSANE.

3 Likes

Okay, everyone, CDR is back, and it’s absolutely massive this time!
To start things off…
650 Fairmount Avenue
This is on the border between the Poplar Neighborhood as well as Northern Liberties. Two mixed use buildings will amount to 297 units as well as another 107 units coming through duplexes and townhomes. I really like the design of the project, it’s a major improvement to the current brick homes currently there, and it the pedestrian walkways are really cool.
View Renderings here

Blockquote

1324 Allegheny Avenue

This is a great project coming to the area around the Temple University Hospital, which generally doesn’t see much development, although there are two CDRs for the area this month. The six story mixed use building will bring 70 units to the neighborhood, and it has a pretty solid design as well.
View Renderings here

1801 North American Street
American Street is in absolute fire! I think it may pass Delaware Avenue in terms of the sheer amount of projects proposed for the corridor. This project will be a 5 story mixed use building with 60 residential units.
View Renderings Here

2740 Amber Street
This one is in Kensington and will have 140 total residential units. Solid project!
View Renderings Here

3705 North Broad Street
This project is called the Residences at Beury. It’s also in the Temple Hospital Area and will bring a new 6 story mixed use building. I’m s9 glad to see the Beury Building getting renovated.
View Renderings Here

2750 Aramingo Avenue
Located in the Port Richmond Neighborhood, this project will bring 231 new residential units through two six-story buildings and 8 triplexes.
View Renderings Here

4 Likes

Part two of CDR Materials:

1001 South Broad
I posted this CDR doc in its own thread, but here is the link again for anyone who missed. Well over 1,000 units, it’s really going to transform the Broad And Washington Area.
View Renderings Here

1104 North Hancock Street (Piazza Terminal)
This will get its own thread, but it w8ll be 1,100+ units coming to Northern Liberties. Two 12 story towers and a 16 story tower as well.
View Renderings Here

1223-45 Washington Avenue
This is a second sort of the Broad And Washington, but across the street. This will also get its own thread, as it will stand 12 stories and hold more than 300 residential units.
View Renderings Here

1021 North Hancock Street
This was also posted in its own thread. This will be some sort of an addition of Piazza Terminal and it is also being built by Post Brothers. It classifies as a skyscraper and will have 280 residential units.
View Renderings Here

Absolutely Massive CDR! I just can’t believe how many proposals Northern Liberties is still seeing! Thousands and thousands of new residents are moving there, the Girard El Station is going to be packed with all of these new potential riders!

6 Likes

A new civic design review is out! It only feature one new development this time, but it’s massive!

Located on Frankford Avenue in East Kensington, the development will hold well over 400 residential units!

View More Renderings And Information Here

6 Likes
3 Likes

New Civic Design review is out! We have a couple new projects!

701 East Girard Avenue
Another new one is Fishtown. This project will be 53 units over retail.

View more renderings here

1401 South Columbus Boulevard
Some more Delaware Avenue! This is going to be a massive mixed use complex with well over 800 residential units.

View more renderings here

3151 Market Street
The shortest high rise at Schuylkill yards, will still stand over 200 feet though.

View more here

5 Likes

If this development happened, it would be huge for the neighborhood and Delaware River Waterfront. With a new neighborhood being built to the north in Northbank and well over 2,000 units planned just to the south, the addition of 216 here would go rather unnoticed, but the renovation of the famous historic structure would be so great for the area. I can’t wait to see what the interiors are planned to look like.

4 Likes

And for another CDR! This was a pretty good one, we got some new projects and some updated designs, plus a high rise that I created a new thread for!

2400 East Huntington

An updated design for a large lowrise project, much better than the original plans. 150 units + retail.

More Renderings Here

2740 Amber Street

This one is shocking, and I’m very excited for it! So glad to see development pushing north! It will have 132 residential units.

More Renderings Here

1324 West Allegheny

Updated design for previously proposed development. Development is really pushing north! It will ave 70 residential units.

More Renderings Here

4701-15 Kingsessing Avenue

Now development is pushing southwest too! This is great news. It will have 81 residential units.

More Renderings Here

6901 Elmwood Avenue

Disgusting warehouse development. Luckily, this thing isn’t really legit. SEPTA is planning on buying the property to build a new trolley facility as part of the trolley modernization plan, and the owner of the property and just trying to drive the price point up.

View Renderings Here

123 South 12th Street

And the high rise! This has its own thread, but I’ll post it here as well. 412 residential units across 20 floors, 265 feet tall. It looks really good too!

View More Renderings Here

6 Likes

6901 Elmwood Avenue

Trammell Crow, USAA, Amazon Last Mile Center should be underway. Signature sheets for settlement were circulated.

1 Like

It’s such a shame that this happened, this was supposed to be a key infrastructural point for the entire city. It is a horrible look for Amazon to prioritize a polluting distribution center over a transit improvement that would benefit thousands in the city. They must do better

3801 Chestnut Street - 13-story lab building planned

2 Likes

https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-philly/west-philly/st-petris-conversion-to-bring-20-units-to-belmont-neighborhood\

1 Like
2 Likes

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2022/06/29/chamber-launches-effort-to-get-1b-arpa-h.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_8&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for sharing! My hometown is just across the river from the port, I lived there for the first 13 years of my life. I watched the port grow even after I moved out, and even 10 years ago they wanted to add more cranes to the south. I’m glad theyre actually moving forward with that, I’m just surprised the amount of cranes will double at the port.

My album documenting the Panamax Crane construction

1 Like

Here is something that’s very exciting, at least for those folks who live in the western suburbs of Philadelphia.

Next month (August 21, to be exact) SEPTA will extend its Media/Elwyn regional-rail line to Middletown Township in Delaware County. The extension is fully electrified as is the rest of SEPTA rail, and it will contain one new station, which will be called Wawa railway station. This is actually restoration of service that was axed in 1986.

2 Likes

This single-story Rite Aid with a parking lot is in the middle of Center City, at 23rd and Walnut. I hope after it closes the site gets redeveloped into something that’s less “suburban.”

1 Like