PHILADELPHIA | Broad & Lombard | 552 FT | 44 FLOORS

Previous thread merged. Just a reminder for folks to check if there is an existing thread prior to making one.

Can also check the city tag as well. eg; philly, NYC, Miami, and so on where it will group all threads assigned to that tag.

Thanks

3 Likes

The reason that 500 foot building forum was made was because the tower was only heavily rumored at the time. The Broad and South Virgin Hotel project was seen as a seperate project until the CDR document revealed the 500 foot tower. It was confirmed by a ingormative user on Skyscraperpage

2 Likes

Broad and Lombard is not even close to being Rittenhouse.

The neighborhood tag on the Yimby articles are based off of Google Maps. We’ve had Philly real estate agents tell us the same thing, and you two are both correct

1 Like

Real Estate agents will tell you Harlem is Upper West Side. Nothing new here -

1 Like

I think the Rittenhouse neighborhood — officially — extends east to Broad and south to South. At least in terms of neighborhood association boundaries, etc. Of course of you say “Rittenhouse” most Philadelphians think in terms of proximity to the park. But for official city divisions, I think Rittenhouse might be correct.

1 Like

Me flogging a dead horse. Isn’t this also the Arts district?

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

Per GatoradeJim:
Update from the meeting: height has increased to 562 I believe they said. Over 560 I know that. It’ll be above Arthaus!

1 Like

South Broad could become Philly’s Park Ave.

1 Like

Very nice! New York’s little cousin is looking good!

1 Like

The review on the documents and the architects confirms the parapet is still at 542 feet, while the elevator core will have the 10 foot increase to 552 feet

1 Like

Broad and Lombard in the Philadelphia skyline by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

4 Likes

Broad and Lombard elevations June and July by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

2 Likes

Gatorade_Jim on SSP
Looks like the groundbreaking is very imminent

2 Likes

The site as of 9/24

3 Likes

https://eclipse.phila.gov/phillylmsprod/pub/lms/Default.aspx?PossePresentation=Public&PosseObjectId=649875265

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3ksJyUu691/?igsh=MWlndWRudGVnMHhmaQ==

Might be downsized