NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

Hmm interesting. This also means that limited hours thing for the terraces also doesn’t go into effect.

I will treasure this information, I will pray to allah, shiva, odin or whoever that the original height is kept.

2 Likes

Ah, I see I understand. My bad btw :+1:

I really hope the height reduction is not final. :pray:

2 Likes

Hopefully this continues!

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

This article from 2016 I found interesting. Back then it was 21 buildings over 800 ft. Today I count 46, which I expect to climb massively over the coming years.

2 Likes

1 Like

Good decisions on Crime & the local economy in NY State are what MATTERS. Please share this info, and hopefully get better local government. With the ousting of Cuomo - we went from bad, to worse. IMHO

2 Likes

As interesting as it would be to see the governorship flip (I tend to lean conservative), Zeldin won’t get my vote since he objected against certifying electoral votes on Jan 6th.

The significance of that can’t be understated and every politician who did that should be held accountable.

5 Likes

Right on YIMHudson!!!

I hate following politics and don’t really know which party is for or against big development or development in general (Cuomo and Hochul have obviously been VERY pro development) as it seems to flip flop everywhere in NYC in particular even though this position is affecting the whole state.

I generally share the same sentiment as YIMHudson’s above opinion and suspect that if Zeldin is elected that a great number of infrastructure projects and developments around the state and city will be stymied greatly.

I’m really unhappy about either choice in this election. Hochul is clearly a pay-to-play politician and the funding of the Buffalo stadium is disgraceful.
At the same time, Zeldin’s election denialism is extreme and dissapointing. I don’t believe that either have the interests of NYers in mind whatsoever. This is especially the case for those of us who live in NYC, who Albany politicians seem to think are money dispensers who deserve less thought or services than upstate residents.

For those who think Zeldin has no shot, keep in mind that the Jersey gubernatorial election was not even considered a contest, but the Republican candidate finished with razor-thin margins. Only reason he didn’t win was that nobody was willing to fund a campaign they thought was hopeless. If Zeldin has serious backers, there’s a chance (albeit small) he will win this race. There’s a lot of folks in Long Island and upstate for whom Jan 6 stuff is not a deal-breaker.

1 Like

In terms of the economy, I don’t think the governor of NY (or any state for that matter) has much control. While I’m not a fan of Hochul, she’s very much pro infrastructure and development continuing on from the previous governor. I don’t know much about Zeldin but from what I’ve heard about his support for the former president along with his views on social issues, nope.

5 Likes
1 Like

News that affects “our city”. A summary of another recent speech given by Putin.

1 Like
1 Like

Electric over gas is good and all but where is the power being generated? Will sufficient green sources be online before the whole city runs on electric?

1 Like