NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

2 Likes

Running the gauntlet

4 Likes

SpaceX Falcon 9 high over the Atlantic. Might need to start paying more attention to these evening launches if it can be this visible even as far north as here. All too often the weather interferes, but clear skies tonight.

5 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

parkour!

2 Likes

“After over two years of living with Covid-19, we are learning to adapt to a world with this disease. In the first two years of the pandemic, nearly 15 million more people died globally than would have been expected during normal times, and over one million Americans have died.”

Also - don’t miss out on what the fat emperor has to say on the subject of C19.

I think the 15 million deaths globally is inaccurate/outdated from a few months ago, because I just checked and as of live right now it is 6.5 million deaths globally.

1 Like
1 Like

yup, that settles it. This guy is a loon. I wonder how much this building makes in rents each year. The old man is no doubt rolling in his grave.

4 Likes

Well since I can’t comment in the 175 thread, I hace a question.

Is it at all possible for the height to be restored back to the original proposal.

Unfortunately I know it won’t, but is there even a chance it could be? Like even if they had to resubmit it?

Of all the height cuts in the city, this one pains me the most. It’s still so close to 500 M, and the height cut was so extremely stupid.

1 Like

I think it’s possible. If I remember correctly there was a certain supertall in China that has its height changed up and down, and finally up.

And I agree with the height cut being arbitrary and stupid. Like what benefit does it bring from them chopping the height, saving cost and reducing the overwhelming of the Chrysler Building? Well it doesn’t matter because even if you reduced the height, the building will appear to be wider, which overwhelms the Chrysler Building even more lol. And in addition of what you mentioned, NYC would’ve have the first 500m building by roof height.

This is like a similar situation where they did to One Vandy, which they chopped 100 ft out of the building.

Sorry for my brief rant(vent) lol

Yup yup

Actually (and I don’t want to bring in speculation) the height reduction is still only a proposal as mentioned in the Dec '21 Memo of the FEIS which was approved in Oct ‘21, I don’t believe it has been approved/was ever voted on that I am aware of. Technically the building could still be built to 1646’ as originally intended, unless the measure is approved. There “are” examples of buildings changing heights during the period of their construction, but many of them were not to the scale of 175 Park Avenue and did not have to be approved like what 175 Park Ave would have to go through as a change to it’s FEIS.

@NewYorkCity76 not to affront your comment, but I definitely would not be comparing issues that relate to zoning in NYC to anywhere outside of NYC much less in China. NYC has such a detailed series of zoning resolutions that examples of projects outside of the city wouldn’t do any good in comparing to issues that involve NYC based projects.

2 Likes

Don’t do that to me, don’t give me hope…
Lol

Uhh btw, can you link me that?

1 Like

Hey, I’m only the messenger, lol. Like I said, I am not aware if the measure was ever approved as it’s not reflected on the FEIS page of the nyc zoning website.

I’m sure articles that actually mentioned the height reduction as final just assumed it would be approved to the measure.

2 Likes