NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

1 Like

If you could have a building of any height below 1,776 ft, what height would that be? (Obviously I know you guys want higher, so do I)

Mine would be 1,750 ft.

Because of these 3.

1 Like

I choose that height and these 3 supertalls as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this New York?

1 Like

Yeah I love their designs as well. I just picked 1,750 because these 3 are all around 1,740-1,730

1 Like

Just an FYI

Recent Activity

On November 7, 2021, a local law to bring the New York City Mechanical, Fuel Gas, and Building Code up to date with 2015 editions of the International Code Council’s I-Codes was enacted as Local Law 126 of 2021. The 2022 NYC Construction Codes go into effect on November 7, 2022.

The Department has engaged the services of the International Code Council to assist with research and development of the first draft of the NYC Existing Building Code provisions using the International Existing Building Code (IEBC) as a model code. These drafts are currently being reviewed under the purview of the members of the committees to specifically addresses alterations performed on existing buildings.

The New York City Electrical Code Revision Cycle was launched in Summer 2018. It features six technical committees and a managing committee comprised of technical and subject matter experts and industry stakeholders charged with adopting and modifying the innovative technologies and updated practices found in the latest edition of the National Electrical Code, NFPA 70.

On December 10, 2019 the New York City Council unanimously voted to adopt Local Law 14 of 2020, to bring the New York City Plumbing Code up to date with 2015 edition of the International Plumbing Code. This local law shall take effect on the same date as the effective date of a local law amending the administrative code of the city of New York and the New York City Building, Mechanical and Fuel Gas codes.

Local Law 14 of 2020 will aid in development inspections, strengthen existing protections against cross-contamination in food handling, result in a more performance based approach to roof drain design and continue to ensure public safety while streamlining procedures and providing the public with easier access to information, thereby improving the process by which development occurs and permits are issued.

5 Likes

^^^^^

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Kathy Hochul is corrupt; but not much more than most in politics.
The problem with politics is these people are elitists that don’t represent the people who voted for them. They go into politics for all the money and perks few actually want to serve the public. Oh they call themselves “public servants” but they are serving their own self interests above everyone else’s.

1 Like

Yeah, many people are starting to dislike her now, especially in the city. Do you think she’ll be “reelected” this November?

Mexican independence parade today.

Via AK Stream:

2 Likes

Do yourselves a favor and see this exhibition at the Met before it closes in November:

https://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions/listings/2022/becher

4 Likes

4 Likes

Aaron Judge hit home run #60 to tie Babe Ruth and tonight was the third time this season that both the Mets and Yankees have hit a grand slam in the same night.

2 Likes
1 Like

I was there -amazing game!

The photo shows the under-construction building at 33 Bedford Park Boulevard in the Bronx, for which permits were filed four years ago!

The May 2022 Google Streetview doesn’t show anything on the site except some construction equipment, so they must have quickly put this up over the last couple months.

Here is what the finished product will look like: