NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

1 Like

The M125 bus began service in Manhattan earlier this week, and the bus fans love it. They’ve posted plenty of videos to Youtube.

2 Likes
1 Like

I didn’t know that they also did projections at Rockefeller

3 Likes
1 Like

Reposting this because its very important:

1 Like

Somewhat related to the above post regarding “flight of NYC wealthy”…

Here is a quote I want to share with my fellow New Yorkers, and forum members - a random smart guy from the Middle East said this today.

“The biggest mistake of the establishment in the US & its allied countries over last two generations is that they’ve turned their democracies into systems of kleptocracy, cronyism & nepotism.

They have behaved selfishly & shortsightedly against all the others in their societies.”

Very insightful.

1 Like
1 Like

Our nation in general, and New York City in particular has a great history; our current prosperity & freedom can be traced all the way back to the Magna Carta - the basis for the “Declaration of Independence”. Happy 4th of July.

https://www.dkfindout.com/us/explore/five-amazing-facts-about-magna-carta/

Unknown

3 Likes

And the slaves that made it all possible!

2 Likes
2 Likes

^ I’d rather they didn’t.

1 Like
3 Likes

This is great!

1 Like

The particular story calls out for justice for this Bodega worker. I live a block away and see this guy working all hours, night and day - as I come and go from the subway.

I can see he felt trapped by this younger stronger guy, and felt his live was in danger: his act of self defense was justified. I am prepared to volunteer some time/effort to see this guy get released from prison, get a fair trial, and support him and his family. I need only one or two others who will join in this effort: if interested please PM me and we will make a grass roots effort for this innocent man.

6 Likes

Thoughts: do you think “development in poor neighborhoods” aka gentrification is bad?

I guess it depends on the city (and the people), and maybe what the development provides

1 Like