NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

Yeah I think lots of people will be caught off guard with how warm it was today. Winter isnt over yet

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the results to tell us exactly what everyone already knows!
It’ll be a while before they put these in but you can bet they’re coming.

1 Like

The thing is that not every train station is suitable for these doors.

1 Like

^Is it just because they’re old and were before these doors time? Or just shitty planning?

Lol right? They’re testing a hypothesis that people can’t fall through walls I guess? I can’t wait for the press conference where an MTA spokesperson says,

“After careful analysis we believe people (checks notes) can’t walk through walls.”

I would say a mix of platforms being old (many examples are very narrow making doors impractical) and general mismanagement in the MTA.
A good strategy would be to put doors at the busiest stops which would be a step in the right direction.

At least put some in the Times Square station.

1 Like

#fuckputin

Agreed, thankfully, they’re trialling the doors on the 7 Train at Times Square. That place tends to be packed, so that’s a good place to start.

1 Like

So…When does NYC plan on lighting the monuments blue and yellow?
qqhjvar66wj81

3 Likes

There we go. Lots of others as well. I saw 1WTC, BOA, and some others. 1 Vandy I couldn’t tell.

6 Likes

Hundreds of Ukrainians, Georgians and supporters gathered in Father Duffy Square to protest the Russian invasion of Ukraine

3 Likes

New York stands with Ukraine.

2 Likes

That Russian designed 5th Ave building going up & blocking the view of Empire State should be cancelled if it isn’t already damaged by the sanctions.

All these goons’ condos & townhouses should be auctioned off and the proceeds distributed to those who need it

4 Likes

3 Likes

It looks like they’re working on it

As much as the global elites contribute to condo development, this whole invasion has reminded me how skin crawling it is that these unscrupulous oligarchs who work hand in hand with regimes in places like Russia and Saudi Arabia are allowed to live the high life in our cities while their fellow citizens suffer a lack of basic rights at home, due to their complicity…

3 Likes

Not to mention most of these condo units sit empty most of the year and are just used as safe havens by these oligarchs to park their money. Meanwhile there’s a housing crisis in the very international cities they inhabit particularly NYC and London.

1 Like