NEW YORK | TSX Broadway | 580 FT | 46 FLOORS (Renovation)

It’s pretty Vegas looking. Even if it is Times Square, the reskin is welcomed from my end. The Marriott Edition turned out well.

3 Likes

Agreed. I hate times square but it will be pretty cool to get another largest led screen. It will look futuristic at least. Better than the current design.

2 Likes

I think that’s a different building. The one being renovated looks more postmodern-ugly-brick-y and less postmodern-ugly-concrete-y and without the curtain wall. Both are pretty terrible though.

2 Likes

Gah. You are right. I dont know much about the area. Try to avoid it as much as possible. I feel like the double tree was right behind me on at least one of these shots. Lol.

2 Likes

I gotcha covered.

9 Likes

Thanks! I am impressed with that screen at the Edition.

1 Like

Ugh oh. Palace Theatre Project Hits a Snag

1 Like

just starting on billboard removal, there was also a dumpster full of old carpet and air ducting from the hotel.

6 Likes

Some scaffolding (right by the McDonalds sign)

5 Likes

Today

8 Likes

View at night. Its going to get a lot brighter with the upcoming screens

7 Likes

Different angle. Seems like the scaffolding continues to rise.

9 Likes

11 Likes

Much better than my earthcam shots. Thanks oppix56! :wink:

I believe all of those ads are coming down, and replaced with modern screens. One of the largest in the city. Even larger than the current record holder across the street.

4 Likes

Too many screens! They literally hurt my eyes, that’s why I don’t go to Times Square often…last time I went was 2015

1 Like

You should see the square in December before Christmas. Utter chaos. I mean, I can’t stress that enough, just madness.

5 Likes

Old signage/ads coming down while scaffolding platforms rise.

Taken Friday 4/26/19 2:34 PM

10 Likes

Large shroud placed.

From today via cams.

8 Likes

a good video from The Real Deal explaining the renovation,

6 Likes

If you zoom in, you’ll see that they’ve started removing parts of the screen already.

7 Likes