NEW YORK | The Greenwich (125 Greenwich St) | 912 FT | 72 FLOORS

At this point, it would look better if they commissioned some type of mural to paint over the concrete - even painting the sections in a checkered pattern might be better.

3 Likes

This is done by a supposed “starchitect.” How do they get away with this? A lot of us here could do better.

4 Likes

Like seriously, do SOMETHING with that concrete!

11 Likes

This made me laugh out loud. Yeah, looks terrible. It would be ok if they treated it with something.

5 Likes

This building is in serious financial trouble.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s why they can’t do anything else with that concrete wall haha

3 Likes

I love the concrete. I’m less impressed with how they seem to be treating the mechanical gaps and crown. Is it really just these black panels at 45º angles? Eww.

5 Likes

11 Likes

Today

10 Likes

Ingels, Vinoly, Gehry - my favorite architects :wink:

3 Likes

Is this complete? Did they forget to put some panels at the top? Or is that supposed to be like that?

2 Likes

The top looks like a Nazi pillbox bunker.

4 Likes

I take it back, I like the old building more again. It looked nice and promising back when the glass and concrete were first shown to the world but now the nearly-finished product is very dull and unattractive to me.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3zkJMlHcGF/?igshid=1gncgp8qer2f9

9 Likes

Taken 10.19.19:

11 Likes

Structural concrete slabs can be sanded and polished to get a smooth surface and grey mottled pattern : very nice looking modernest aesthetic. This type of finished raw concrete would look great against the glass and metal panels. This is most likely a time/money allocation that is not in the budget: so something like this would get the VE ax.

3 Likes

11.9.19:

15 Likes

14 Likes

This tower looks lousy with the concrete crown. It would have been really nice if the band of concrete on the south facade and the crown were clad in glass or metal.

2 Likes

This tower is just ugly and bland all around…and on a never ending hold🙄

2 Likes