NEW YORK | The Brooklyn Tower (9 DeKalb Ave) | 1,073 FT | 74 FLOORS

Hope you’re right. So many lighting schemes seem to fail. One57 is a glaring example. It started out so promising and then fell apart. I remember the first July 4 they had an American flag blowing around in the wind. After that—nothing.

4 Likes

One57 is trying to keep costs down.

One57’s flag was pretty tacky, made the building look even chintzier.

1 Like

Right. But at least the thing worked at first. Not for long as it worked out.

Source

8 Likes

I guess we’re not calling these lights.

16 Likes

considering this tower has rental apartments hopefully it will be more illuminated from the inside than the billionaires row towers on 57th street.

3 Likes

Even the condos will be more reasonably priced compared to manhattan. Most new condo buildings besides 57th street are reasonably well occupied, 111 Murray comes to mind as being fairly well lit

15 Likes

The hoist is coming down! The hoist was topped with three larger levels, now there’s only one

8 Likes

21 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoUxHSZrDhQ/

15 Likes

17 Likes

All of that just gave me goosey for some reason.Just the combo of that whole NYC image from a bird perspective, those close-up images of its facade,podium and crown and that exceptional view from Flatbush ave. and Grand Army Plaza.And,I think that reason is an exceptional and extraordinary one.The phenomenon is called eyegasm…:grimacing::face_with_peeking_eye::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

They are installing the last panes of glass on the south side; there was a lot of activity at the base today.
Also, new marble is being put in place, they are working on several “columns” simultaneously.

20 Likes

I was wondering why the steel portion of the podium was lagging behind the concrete one, good to know it’s catching up now though. It also looks like they are building up the substructure for the “extensions” on the corner section, I think that part will be the most amazing part of the modern portion of the base once complete.

5 Likes

23 Likes

17 Likes

^I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Michael Stern, JDS and SHoP deserve keys to the city for everything they have contributed to the skyline. They deliver a love letter to NYC every time.

11 Likes

16 Likes