NEW YORK | Penn Station Expansion/Improvements

I agree, Tom.

Msg must go.

2 Likes

Some photos of the “Moynihan Station Phase I” project (ground and basement levels of Farley building, AKA the expanded West Concourse of Penn Station) currently wrapping up:

9 Likes

I really wish this entire station could be demolished and rebuilt. It’s such a piece of garbage. Been using the LIRR for years and it just keeps getting worse and worse. We need a way better plan then what is being presented. MSG NEEDS to be relocated.

1 Like

Even more reason to get rid of MSG: They don’t pay property tax. At all. Ever!

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/never-forget-madison-square-garden-hasnt-paid-property-taxes-in-over-30-years-8194924

1 Like

Both MSG and port authority bus terminal need to be relocated don’t know which one is worse!!

1 Like

I’m not too sure if I’m a fan of the recent news of the proposal above.

Don’t get me wrong, the idea of keeping the iconic shape of MSG, with a large glass wall giving the inpression of a floating disc above is very classy looking, along with the opening up of the platforms below.

However so much more can be done with such space and square footage available. The proposal, although nice, gives me the impression that an internal refurb and reclad is the much cheaper and less ambitious option.

Perhaps they could work with, or invite developers to deliver their ideas to create a destination worth arriving at?

1 Like

MAS did something like that a few years ago. The ideas were neat, if a little “out there”:

3 Likes

Indeed, I do remember these. I think this is one of the reasons as to why I’m fairly disappointed. Sure, I wasn’t expecting something quite to the extent of those visions, however something to match the ambition with inspiration also wouldn’t go amiss.

2 Likes
3 Likes

950,000 square feet

2 Likes
5 Likes

This is an ok start, but MSG must go!

3 Likes

One small typo in that article makes the whole thing massively misleading.

Phase 1 won’t “start” soon, it will be finished and open soon.

5 Likes

yeah I found that part confusing… thanks for the clarification

1 Like

5 Likes

@2:40

2 Likes

That would be amazing!

2 Likes

yes sir, I agree!!

1 Like
5 Likes

8 Likes