NEW YORK | PA Bus Terminal Redevelopment and Towers| 1,346 FT & 926 FT & ? FT| FLOORS

https://www.cb5.org/cb5m/calendar/2021-june/#transportation-environment

2 Likes
6 Likes
12 Likes

Love the top.

WOW! Phenomenal, I hope to see this built one day. And that aerial view reminds me of the Transbay Terminal in San Francisco.

5 Likes

I was going to say, the rooftop park is a very similar approach to Transbay/Salesforce Terminal in SF. I haven’t been up to Salesforce park but my friends who work downtown say the park is largely populated by office workers from the towers connected by bridges, as opposed to people ascending three stories from the street. Whether this PA terminal park gets any use may depend on what it’s connected to, and how. Does anyone know where those green footbridges in the second and fifth images lead?

4 Likes

Isn’t this close enough to be connected to the highline? At least through the Manhattan West developments.

They appear to be the extension of Hudson blvd/Abzug park. Extends north to 42nd st in the 5th pic.

Looks really great.

1 Like

I like this. Elements of it remind me of the design language for one of the proposals for MSG recladding. It also opened up on the 8th Ave side to allow more movement from street level to train platform.

4 Likes

I would prefer they built skyscrapers over the top of it. This is a skyscraper dead zone and needs to be fixed. The park on top is too similar to the High Line.

1 Like

Yeah that might be cool. Though none of the proposals seem to be that so I don’t think that’s happening.
I don’t see a problem with it being similar to the highline.

1 Like

Governor Cuomo last year announced a plan to sell air rights above the bus terminal to pay for the renovation. How does a park over the top pay for it?

I’d much rather have a park. The air rights could be transferred to other nearby sites. The day will come that this new terminal becomes obsolete and getting rid of it with a 1,000’ tower upon it won’t be feasible.

3 Likes

And how does selling air right above the terminal translate to a tower over the site? Transferring air rights is extremely common in NYC.

The park doesn’t pay for anything — the air rights pay for the terminal, which includes the park.

2 Likes

I agree Robert. That’s exactly the problem we’ve run into with Penn Station. Sell the air rights to adjacent properties but keep the park.

1 Like

I myself really liked yesterday’s proposal.

I would have a very large proposal with Twin Towers of a height up to 2150 ft without spire.

Or just a terraced low building with lots of green space.

3 Likes

Now 3000 feet.

4 Likes

???
is too high, I have a third idea that looks nicer. But not on the computer only on paper.

Mackensen Tower

6 Likes

3000 is not too tall. New York needs the world’s tallest building again.

2 Likes