NEW YORK | One World Trade Center | 1,776 FT | 104 FLOORS

10 Likes

I don’t think anyone cares a fraction as much about this as I do, but it’s so satisfying to see the windows being cleaned on this building. The transformation of the surface is incredible

12 Likes

Oh I care! These classy glassy buildings shouldn’t be so dirty

4 Likes

I care. It’s bad enough the building was value-engineered to all hell. The least they can do is keep the damn thing clean and shining.

Speaking of shining… they need to fix that beacon.

4 Likes

The beacons in some shop in New England… it should be done eventually

4 Likes

Have they ever finished cleaning this thing?

1 Like

No; In that last photo the really pale sections are covered in the dirt from during construction of the building.
At this point, about 75% of the building has been cleaned to some degree since construction. Once this job on the west side is done the building should be 85-90% clean.

7 Likes

Got it.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkGHPIxAiqC/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ps2fejttiivg
“Look at that shine!”-Lightning McQueen

8 Likes

Nice find Thomas!

2 Likes

Now imagine if the whole building was as clean as the bottom part in that picture

4 Likes

Further buildout of the contraption on east side of parapet

5 Likes

heck of a way to spend the heat wave

11 Likes

Looks like they kept the mech lights on during the fireworks display. I think in the past they have shut those lights off.

Also hopefully one day those alien looking work lights will be gone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk3iMnyD4yg/?taken-by=captiv_8

12 Likes

Great find!

1 Like

One day…

1 Like

There’s something clearly protruding from the rings now

6 Likes

what do you mean by “alien looking work lights”?

1 Like

I can guess at what “alien looking work lights” might mean.

I don’t think they are “work lights” at all, but rather the standard RGB LED food illumination for the spire. The set of lights aimed at the bottom section of the spire have been tuned to cooler colors ever since two years ago, when the spire was lit in orange, and — together with steam rising from the HVAC system on the roof — it made the tower to appear to be on fire. 911 was flooded with calls about it.

So now they always make the bottom section of the spire a weird blue or green color so no one will mistake the illuminated steam for a fire and smoke.

It’s extremely dumb and looks stupid. The problem is legitimate, but there are vastly better ways to fix it.

3 Likes

I guess I meant the unoccupied floors in the building. They have temporary lighting that stands out at night and makes it easily apparent that the floor is empty.

3 Likes