NEW YORK | One Madison Avenue | 404 FT | 27 FLOORS

i think thats top of house. parapet above that. it would be galvanized were it the parapet.

2 Likes

This topped out today. Can’t wait till the facade starts going up, it will be a nice contrast to the clock tower.

11 Likes
3 Likes

Credit: The Dronalist

9 Likes

This is going to kill a lot of the uptown views for Madison Sq Tower. -

2 Likes

6 Likes
1 Like

I’m interested/surprised that YIMBY has been using the old render in all of it’s articles of this project. It’s been revised for some time now.

I did like the original façade design of the tower itself with it’s “sporadic” placement of thicker mullion elements over the now uniform grid design, but it still looks good. I do want to point out that the height hasn’t changed overall though, as the core height is still generally the same (maybe the slightest bit taller), it just lost a floor and the open air steel parapet element.

NEW

OLD

12 Likes

First 2 are from last week.

This one from yesterday showing roof progress.

9 Likes

I’m shocked that this building on PAS has not come down.

It seems like it was once decent, but it looks like junk now. It seems that a substantial hotel/condo could be built on that site.

3 Likes

Looks like it is topped out now

6 Likes

Progress as if today. Seems there is significant scaffolding on the clock tower.

11 Likes
4 Likes

Glass

Nice details:

Hoping the back gets glassed over

14 Likes

This looks great!!’

1 Like

I believe theres going to either be strips of glass where the window openings are with the rest aluminum panels or aluminum panels with the window punchouts in glass. But its going to be covered in aluminum in general like a number of the other side core buildings.

Nice updates as well! :+1:

Edit: I’ve reviewed some drawings, and the “aluminum panels” on the core will actually be granite panels with a slate like color, a dark/light veined gray (as depicted in the new render). And the windows will be vertical strips cutting through the granite.

6 Likes

From the east / lic

From the west / Hoboken

11 Likes

You’ve been everywhere! :grinning:

1 Like
5 Likes