NEW YORK | One Madison Avenue | 404 FT | 27 FLOORS

But that’s not thinking like an engineer/architect would, because you are calculating figures assuming that they are all uniform, where in the real world (and on the actual portion of the building that was built) they are not. There is a parapet, and the first 4 floors are disproportionate to the typical floors above that which have an average height of 12-13’ and those figures do add up to the purported 390-400m/1300’ figure that jackster99 mentioned and leaves room for differing height of floors and a parapet. The building is not over 2 times taller than the MetLife Tower, all existing historic drawings of the building put it as being slightly over 1.75 times taller than it’s neighbor, not over 2. Even the model jackster99 is referring to is modelled to be in the 1300’ range and with the antennas, not even 1500’.

It seems that you are making figures for your own version of the project and not how it was “intended” to be if it were built out to it’s original design (which should have been mentioned to begin with), considering a mooring mast and antennas were never planned for the MetLife North Building. No one will ever see the original documents because they aren’t recorded to exist, the building probably never reached the document stage before it even started construction on a different version that then had to be cut short. It’s better to follow the purported 1300’ figure than to try to proportionally scale it to a different building.

Trying to get off this spiral, I’m looking forward to seeing the façade on this one juxtaposed against the MetLife Tower.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I mentioned this before but they have removed an entire bank of elevators from this building to create more floor space so adding to the height would involve gut renovation.

1 Like
3 Likes

The glass on this is very good quality which helps.

1 Like

I’m going to celebrate when this hideous garbage on PAS and 30th finally comes down.

2 Likes

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2022/09/29/2525069/0/en/SL-Green-Inks-347-000-Square-Foot-Lease-with-Franklin-Templeton-at-One-Madison-Avenue.html

2 Likes

4 Likes

As we come to the end of our nice days until next year…

1 Like

Well it’s a good thing that the core is now topped out and the steel and floors are now about 4 stories high or the winter weather would stop everything, lol.

1 Like

More good weather is on the way. This isn’t Chicago.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Flying up pretty fast. Very narrow floorplates

2 Likes

Yeah. Not much of a footprint.

7 Likes

9 Likes

12 Likes
2 Likes

13 Likes

is it at the parapet now?

It seems so.