NEW YORK | NYCFC Stadium

I think they may need to expand the arena to have more seats. Considering how the MLS is growing and some of the teams are already filling football stadiums, it will only be a matter of time before NYCFC’s tickets skyrocket because of demand.

3 Likes

NJ Red Bulls average attendance is 17,000, about the same as NYC FC. Charlotte and Atlanta have double to triple that average. In fact NJ RB’s attendance has declined over the last decade. I think 25,000 is the sweet spot for the NYC region which isnt super into soccer

I guess, but the popularity can be expected to go up especially as they get their own dedicated stadium. I mean it’s NYC, there is a very large pool of people that can become fans and I can see it becoming a very large franchise.

On one hand I get it, you don’t wanna spend billions more on a stadium without an expected audience.
On the other hand if you build it and your future audience exceeds it you will be spending billions more.

1 Like
3 Likes

HOK did Mercedes Benz Stadium, Etihad Arena, Little Caesars Arena. Along with a host of renovations

It’s great NYC is getting its first specific soccer stadium, but I wish it had a lot more seats. They are handicapping their future selves if they don’t.

https://nycfc.sawtoothsoftware.com/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?hid_studyname=NYCYFCV2&hid_pagenum=0&hid_link=1&hid_javascript=1&hid_screenwidth=980

Great. Now move the New York Reb Bulls here as well, and change that stupid name

1 Like

First impressions seem to be positive on NYCFC staduim

16 Likes
1 Like

Not sure why they don’t just build a larger capacity or expandable stadium if they anticipate still having use Yankee stadium or Citi field for marquee matches. Missed opportunity to build something truly magnificent.

6 Likes
1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYCFC/comments/13ty8xi/state_of_the_stadium/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

State of the stadium. Interesting info

3 Likes
4 Likes

New

4 Likes
4 Likes