NEW YORK | Metropolitan Future Skyline Photo Collection

Lol I know it was meant as more of a joke to how diminished its presence is with all the new giants.

4 Likes

10 years to wait!

2 Likes

Very exciting ten years. Dozens of supertalls going up, large infra being done, exciting!

1 Like

Now we need the PABT and Penn Station skyscrapers in that picture😃

15 Penn at 1600 roof height with a 300 foot spire. Now that’s a skyline!

3 Likes

A few more skylines I’ve done recently:

Photo by @TK2000

Photo by Alan Turkus (CC BY 2.0)

Photo and Tower Fifth rendering by Gensler

19 Likes

NYC is becoming like Coruscant! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Affirmation Tower and “Sky High Towers”

“River Side Plaza”??

1 of those isn’t in view. One of those isn’t even a real proposal. And I don’t even know what river side plaza is or what you’re talking about.

7 Likes

Two of these developments you mention don’t even exist as proposals (if at all), yet you’re wondering why they are not present in the future renderings above. And yeah, as @mcart mentioned, I’m not sure what “River Side Plaza” you’re talking about

Looks great! We still have several large plots as well, potential sites like 237 Park and 405 Park Ave.

2 Likes

River Side Plaza is the other of Mackensen’s proposals particularly located at Hudson Yards.

@ThreeWentDown great visuals, they do great to show the scale of some of the buildings.

3 Likes

1 Like

Hmm. I think it’s a bit too bulky. What is the point of Hudson Yards Phase 1 if this is directly in front of it. Cool design though

1 Like

Or here

1 Like

I see. Nothing will be able to be developed there as there are already plans set for Phase 2.

Why on earth would this be added into the rendering for this thread? this is for real projects, or atleast ones that are in the design/proposal phase

7 Likes

Oh, I know this one. But still, it’s not even a vision in general let alone a proposal.

Just out of interest

There’d be no point in making that up from thin air after the fact to ‘save face’-- the thermal efficiency of a double facade was one of the main reasons that system was chosen in the first place (alongside reducing wind loads), long before tenants moved in. It was mentioned in a 2010 Gensler promo:
https://youtu.be/cVN3IIRbwzc?t=278
Apologies for the off-topic post.

2 Likes