NEW YORK | LOW-RISE / GENERAL Development News + Construction

Now I wouldn’t get too excited yet because we all know the NIMBY’S (Clowns) will be complaining about how it doesn’t have enough affordable housing or the building is too tall. They’ll might even put a lawsuit and say it will block there view even though they probably live in Queens, NJ or Brooklyn…

4 Likes

Can you please post the link to the two projects. Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

The first one is the Carmen Villegas Apartments

And the second is the Highbridge which now has its own thread by 007

4 Likes

This had a lot of interesting stuff in it

And what’s so interesting about that?

Clear that you didn’t even read it or the title since it’s about Hochul’s stance on real estate… :unamused:

3 Likes

Just wanted to say this redevelopment (500 West 22nd St) turned out great.

14th st. and 9th Ave

8 Likes

6 Likes

Nice!

Ennead and Rockwell Group transform a former warehouse in Brooklyn into a headquarters for a food rescue organization

THE ARCHITECT’S NEWSPAPER

4 Likes

A ton of general development reads for y’all to peruse through, via Patch…

3 Likes

545 Broadway, Brooklyn, 27 stories

Embellished with a warm wood-looking exterior and asymmetrical windows, this will sure stand out in the Broadway Triangle area of Williamsburg. Designed by Garrison Architects. Status: excavation

7 Likes

google earth shots from september shows piling machines on site

2 Likes

What we could’ve had at 1508 Avenue Z, Brooklyn:

What we now have, because of disgusting, lackluster, NIMBY idiots who threw the project away due to its “proximity” to an elevated subway line and lack of parking spots:

2 Likes

Where can I find, or is there, or do any of you have, a list/compilation of architects that are involved in NYC based projects? I would love to go through their “visions” or “proposed” developments that haven’t made public eye yet. They usually have them on their website.

Thanks.

SHOP
Handel Architects
ODA
Foster + Partners
Marvel
BIG
Dattner Architects
SOM
OMA
Gensler
Kohn Pederson Fox Associates
Snohetta
There’s some

4 Likes

I dont believe such a list exists. Architects and firms based in NY still design stuff outside the city (on a large scale) and depending on the size of the firm, their projects wont be visible but only for a hand full of work theyve done, I’ve never seen a firm’s website list every single project theyve ever done, it’s mostly just always notable projects that are already built, U/C, or proposed and released by the developer. You won’t find out of the public eye stuff.

Best thing you can do is search firms in NY (like @mcart
has listed) and look that way but firms also normally can’t post projects that haven’t been released to the public by the developer due to NDA’s. There’s no way to specifically looks for projects in NYC by certain firms unless they only do local work.

Some of the more “local” based firms that do more projects in the city than out of it are

Fogarty Finger
FXCollaborative
Morris Adjmi
CetraRuddy
COOKFOX Architects
FX Fowle Architects

there’s lots of others but those are the ones off the top of my head that have done a lot of NYC based projects.

4 Likes

Rafael Viñoly
Pelli Clarke Pelli

On “local based” I would include ODA as well.