NEW YORK I Wall Street Tower (130 William St) I 800 FT I 61 FLOORS

Kind of plain from a distance.

3 Likes

Yeah I was hoping for better detailing along the windows. It looks kinda like a tombstone from afar…

4 Likes

I was expecting the same, a bit more detail.

1 Like

There is ‘curbside appeal’ and then there is ‘skyline appeal’ depending on the vantage point of the viewer: this building is a bit plain looking from the ‘skyline’ perspective. However, I find this facade - and the overall architectural design - to have great ‘curbside’ appeal. When one gets up close and personal with this condo building it has plenty of good looks and personality. This is one of the finest high rise condo building designs in NYC; a quality that will serve the developer well in this now highly competitive luxury condo market.

16 Likes

You couldn’t have said it any better.

1 Like

What @infoshare said about the curb appeal is so true. In daytime, from distance, this building will not look beautiful…However, I hold out hope that it will look pretty special at night - We should be able to see the interior illumination from those huge, curved windows which are quite unique.

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9Us26En2CI/?igshid=1skb94hu5oes8

17 Likes

I’m liking this building less.

4 Likes

Same. I thought that a more decorative facade would be awesome but from far away this looks pretty bad to me. From up close it looks depressing though decent but from everywhere else it has the blockiness of 19 Dutch and the roughness of Southbridge Towers, neither of which are a pleasant thing to look at.

3 Likes

Hideous. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I like it a lot. A welcome change from the usual blue glass.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Probably hard to see in B&W but there are two guys way up out on the end of that hoist getting the rigging in place or something

11 Likes

Beautiful looking condo tower: the dark stone facade, the curve at top of windows, the smooth surface recessed window frames, the rough textured surface, angled ridges on each floor - an artful composition.

I am glad the ‘Lightstone’ development group choose an Architect who used ‘darkstone’ concrete panels on the building facade: a delightful irony.

8 Likes

This has hope at night.

18 Likes

Yes. Glam at night!

1 Like

Stone looks amazing up close.

17 Likes

19 Likes

Via weather cam (abc7 NY). Today.

11 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-o3aNqgmYM/

12 Likes