NEW YORK | Grand Central Madison (East Side Access)

8 Likes

Beautiful, if only the all the subways and platforms were this light and airy or even if they looked like the 34 St-HY Station, lol.

1 Like

The Metro North platforms are gross and need a serious makeover.

Welcome to the first world!

1 Like

The schedule for at least the next three weeks.

Not great that they’re only running one train an hour during peak, but I guess that’s all that Jamaica can accommodate while also running the full regular LIRR schedule.

1 Like

I like the extra connection to the Air Train.

3 Likes

Getting to JFK from the East Side just got a whole lot easier.

3 Likes

I agree.

GCT to Jamaica and then to the Air Train is a very easy trip.

3 Likes

14 Likes, 3 Comments - Sifat Razwan•NYC Walking Show (@thenycwalkingshow) on Instagram: "First Train Ride to Grand Central Madison! 

It took 15 years to complete this biggest expansion since 1910. According to the @mta this construction is one of...

NYC walking show, instagram

6 Likes
2 Likes

This is amazing and will complement the Midtown East Rezoning. Park and Madison are poised to boom with more and more skyscrapers. It will be nice for LIRR riders to go direct to GCT and emerge into a gorgeous and iconic station.

1 Like

whats the total ride time?

23 minutes to Jamaica.

1 Like

Got a chance to visit the new digs. The station itself is beautiful, clean and bright. Getting out, however, was quite the challenge. That part of Grand Central is a complete labyrinth.

15 Likes

This is neat - the northern entrance to Metro North will be open on weekends and late evenings as well

8 Likes
1 Like

I think that is one of the most frequent challenges and complaints I’ve seen arise since it opened, but I think that will change/get better as new dedicated street level entrances are constructed as new Madison Ave towers are built like the ones that will be at 343 Madison Ave and 415 Madison Ave. Generally, I think a lot of the public believes that it is “centrally” or directly connected to the main portion of Grand Central terminal, but it’s connected to the Dining concourse.

@F.Wright Did you mean to post that here?

2 Likes

I agree with you that access to the main concourse of Grand Central Madison will only get easier with time once the entire area above ground gets redeveloped. Also, let’s not forget that with the redevelopment of 175 Park Ave there is a direct access to the subway at the southern end planned.

7 Likes

That part of the station really does seem a bit forlorn.

1 Like