NEW YORK | Front & York (85 Jay St) | 282 FT | 21 FLOORS

Credit: FC

7 Likes

Credit: Walk Bike Tour

1 Like

Taken 06/18/2021

9 Likes

7 Likes

I can never quite understand how a licensed architect can not take into consideration the mechanicals that go on the roof of their designs. There is so much of this blight all over the city. A well designed building with bulkheads, HVAC equipment and BMUs marring perfectly good designs.

8 Likes

The Architects love of ‘art’ must defer to the developers concerns regarding ‘commerce’ - the Architect unfortunately does not have the final word regarding the aesthetics when designing the building. The Architects were most likely told that the ‘cost factor’ for effectively hiding the mechanicals was ‘prohibitive’ or ‘not in the budget’ or some such valid reason for compromising the Architects vision for the final design.

Value Engineering - no doubt the bane of an Architects existence. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/selvon.nef/

8 Likes
2 Likes

classic bate and switch
remember what was proposed for this site 5-6 years ago
this is what we’re stuck with

NY developer gonna NY develop :heart_eyes:

I remember.

1 Like

A tasteful and understated Architectural Design: I like the look. That varied palette of stone work on the facade, the indented sections on the brickwork framing the large factory-style windows; all together make for an understated elegance. This is capital “A” Architecture.

That structural steel podium works really well as a visual contrast. This is a refined design.

The cutting edge, look-at-me stacked boxes ODA style is not always the best way to do ‘modern architecture’. This is modernist IMHO; with a few classic motifs to class up the look a bit… :wink:

1 Like

6 Likes