NEW YORK | Flatiron House - 39 West 23rd St | 322 FT | 25 FLOORS

1 Like
2 Likes

In terms of being ‘aesthetically pleasing’ this design is a stunner. Architecture is more than a large scale public art installation; so I assume the programmatic function of this building is also well done.

This is one of those fine designs that will not quite get the notice it deserves; perhaps due the fact that this is a low rise structure, located on a mid-block site.

10 Likes

This stretch of 23rd has beautiful, old buildings, and this new addition is great too.

3 Likes

Yes, a mix of old, and new, architectural stunners…

This one has high quality materials, and intricate detailing that needs to be seen in person - these photos leave us seeing little more than the overall form of the building. I see great care was taken in selecting the colors, textures, materials and details on the facade: the ‘curb appeal’ - in other words…

3 Likes

Me being persnicikity, this is a midrise -

2 Likes
4 Likes

This is exquisite architecture; yet this building seems to get little notice from passers by on 23rd street. The unsung heroes of the architectural profession just seem to accept this obvious lack of public accolade. Dare I say: “pearls before swine” - or is that a bit too harsh. :wink:

8 Likes

This is a building that takes a bit to love. When you really pay attention to it, you get to appreciate the great design and quality of materials that went into it. For the common folk, it just blends into the background (it doesn’t help that it has to compete with some NY classics just feet away)

1 Like

9 Likes

IMG_0077

6 Likes