NEW YORK | East Midtown Greenway

Great pics!

Yeah I agree the title and phrase were a bit much and click bait. It is still cool that it is slowly bringing that 32 mile pedestrian path closer to being done. I also liked that he asked questions for the next phase (in front of the UN) which seems to be planned but not funded.

I’m ok with the noise since I’m often out with headphones on when I explore/take pictures.

4 Likes

Some interesting facts in here.

4 Likes

This is for the section between E 94th and E 124th streets.

9 Likes

I really do love this endeavor (the full ring around Manhattan). I’ve used parts of it so many times for pics. Would love an a Queens/Brooklyn version of this from Astoria to Red Hook.

7 Likes

Maybe this time they really mean it?

7 Likes

Won’t this be a security risk?

there is a highway running underneath the United Nations and a railway tunnel underneath the US Capitol?

2 Likes

There’s also a subway station under the pentagon and hotel rooms across the street from the UN that look directly at the building.

I’m sure the greenway is the least of security concerns

2 Likes

The Pentagon Metro station is not under the building. It’s located to the north of the building in the parking lot.

1 Like

I know it’s not directly under the building but my point was there are a lot of high profile places woven into the urban fabric of a city and they manage to be secure.

The greenway probably won’t even be level with the UN. Obviously I can’t predict the future, but i don’t see it as a glaring security threat.

3 Likes

Oops

MTA CEO Janno Lieber said a city-funded private contractor caused the damage while drilling to find pylons for the East River greenway and that the hole in the roof was 2½ inches in diameter, according to Fox News.

2 Likes