NEW YORK | Domino Sugar Redevelopment | (4 Towers) | 565-170 FT

Well, that is all coming along nicely…thanks. As the saying goes: "a picture says a thousand words".

12 Likes

Sorry for the bad photos, but saw that they had put a new model up in the 1S 1st leasing office

Also seems that after they wrap up construction on site D they will shift gears to the Ring development, leaving site B as the last site to be developed according to the leasing office guy….

16 Likes

I am very happy that the River Ring development is moving forward. I’m assuming the Domino area is so saturated with development projects going on, that they rather keep Site B paused for a few months/years to let things settle with said developments.

7 Likes

Credit: Construction Update: Domino Sugar Refinery and 346 Kent Avenue — FIELD CONDITION

17 Likes

17 Likes

Looking great

19 Likes

What is the multi-cantilevered building in the last picture? I like that one a lot!

2 Likes
4 Likes

See, thats what I was talking about. These small buildings with fantastic designs are everywhere, yet seem to always be hidden. Also Like I’ve said before, they have to stretch these designs to supertalls

1 Like

TK2000–So do you know anything about that building? Architect for example? Thanks.

It was developed by the Spitzer’s company. The architect is, to little surprise, ODA.

2 Likes

ODA! Right you are. No surprise. It’s a wonderful building. Lots of glass which I’m tiring of, BUT unusual color, good trim work, and terrific shapes.

2 Likes

I see ”hidden gems” like the one above, very often on the J train! You should take it one day, as it is fully above ground. I promise you’ll stumble on developments/projects you never knew existed in Brooklyn!

8 Likes

19 Likes

16 Likes

This a.m.

15 Likes

It’s really hard to tell because of the wrapping around it, but it looks like the iridescent/pearl cladding has started going up.

4 Likes

Can see the cladding a bit here.

19 Likes

took this a week or so ago, at that time I believe this is a shiny insulation layer - not the final cladding.

9 Likes