NEW YORK | Domino Sugar Redevelopment | (4 Towers) | 565-170 FT

Maybe @rgarri4 has the waterfront developments in his renders?

1 Like

I know you were wanting to see all the Brooklyn waterfront developments together, but for Domino specifically there are no updated renders of the double towers on the far right.

And I don’t know if the 2nd tower’s design on the left is still accurate.

3 Likes

Yes. I’ll take some screenshots next time I have my model open.

4 Likes

27 Likes

Excellent shots SideStreet -I’ve been meaning to bike over the bridge for weeks now & this was the view I was looking to scope out. I can’t believe how fast this one is rising…

6 Likes

Thanks. Nothing compared to you guys with training and real hardware, but I try.

I had to climb over part of the fence to get the shots from the bridge and a kind man asked if I was alright. I shouted “the pic will be worth it!”

10 Likes

LOL that’s the spirit…trying gets you most of the way there. Nice going Street.

EDIT: Honestly, a big camera won’t fit through the protective screens on the bridges anyhow. I’ve taken lenses off and re-assembled cameras with my hands thru the fencing but you have to be prepared to lose them.

4 Likes

Old factory:

Plants:

Twin tower building:

16 Likes

This is a façade mock-up hidden in the construction site - the surface has a mother-of-pearl effect look. I’m unsure if this is related to the twin towers by the bridge.

13 Likes

I imagine that it is related to 346 Kent, I just find it odd that the mock up is on the site of the largest of the developments at Domino and not closer to 346 or just off site altogether. I have high doubt that it’d be for the other last project since that hasn’t started at all.

Either way having an iridescent cladding will be extremely interesting, while buildings with iridescent facades do exist, I can’t think of one in NY.

This is the closest thing that we know of as it pertains to the new design, it looks like those mock pieces could be apart of the podium portion.

8 Likes

I had gone into 1SFirst’s leasing office a while back to see if they had any info and they did mention the mother of pearl-like cladding effect for the twin towers. I took it with a grain of salt since they didn’t know much other than that and the bridge being gone, but seems like they weren’t far off :+1:

Still exciting to see something more than just the massing mock-up, I live close by so we’ve all been curious about what this building will actually look like.

5 Likes

Moving on up into the twin towers!

12 Likes

17 Likes

16 Likes

That site will will look great when the all five new buildings are completed. This one building in the photo looks a little lonely from this perspective: Houston Street & Avenue D.

SHoP Architects came up with a terrific master plan for the historic Domino Sugar Refinery site; once all 5 buildings are complete - it will be SWEET… :joy:

5 Likes

I don’t believe anything is currently planned to be built to the north of 1S1, but the largest of the Domino park Towers would appear to its right in the photo. :+1:

1 Like

This is what I look forward to seeing - apparently it will not be happening any time soon.

Thanks for the news on that; my assumption was it was all currently in the planning and/or construction phase.

Currently the only remaining site to be developed for the Domino development is the plot directly south of 1s1st. Plot D is rising quickly and the refinery is wrapping up this year I believe.

If you’re referring to the redevelopment of the former con Edison site, that is a bit more of a mystery as it’s been quiet since receiving city council approval for the rezoning.

4 Likes

I am referring only to my general understanding that the Domino sight will have 5 buildings: as shown in the photo. I surmise that there are now only 3 of the five that are built or in the process of being completed. That leaves 2 of the buildings that still need to be built to complete that entire development site as depicted in my previous post.

Three-out-of-five is not bad… :innocent:

For reference

Green: Built
yellow: under construction
Red: no timeline

3 Likes