NEW YORK | 86 Warren Street | 135 FT | 12 FLOORS

The black looked 1000x better. The new choice of colour looks awful and changing it to this turquoise and yellow abomination was a massive mistake.

2 Likes

I’m actually a fan of the colors, I just don’t think it makes sense in this neighborhood. Everything around it is brick and earth toned. If this was built in the Bowery, or the LES near Essex Crossing, that would be a better fit.

4 Likes

TRIBECA CITIZEN

4 Likes

5 Likes

I’m warming up to this one.

7 Likes

I like it! Brings a little funk to the area!

3 Likes

Photos by Michael Young

3 Likes

Tribeca Citizen photos:

5 Likes

Is this a landmarked area? This building is not contextual.

Testing the new lighting

12 Likes
1 Like

Hotel opened yesterday.

Fresh photos here:

Photos by Michael Young

8 Likes

Not bad overall. The color is actually refreshing but the yellow is just jarring and that bulkead is too tall imo

3 Likes

I agree psylock. Yellow is a bit much. I like the rest of it a lot. Adopts neighborhood old industrial vibe while changing it up in a creative way.

1 Like

It’s differently different!

I like the use of the load bearing structural steel being exposed and serving as both a ‘load bearing’ element AND a decorative feature. This look is what I love about Modernist Architecture: very form-follows-function.

PS. It is only my layman’s conjecture that those facade elements (that look like steel beams) actually do serve a ‘structural load bearing’ function. If there are any engineers, contractors, or Architects who know better; please do set the record straight. :innocent:

1 Like

They are fake/decorative column elements, the building is concrete.

3 Likes

Thanks. I always thought the Seagrams Building was completely supported by those exterior steel beams: seems I may have been wrong about that too… :pensive:

I also thought the same about those steel beams of the facade of One Liberty Plaza downtown near ground zero.

LIve and learn…

Photos of interior space (restaurant):

Tribeca Citizen photos:

6 Likes