NEW YORK | 842 Seventh Avenue | 338 FT | 28 FLOORS

All of the stores on the classic building in the middle of the block have closed. I wonder if this building will be razed. I hope not because it’s beautiful in my opinion. I hope that it gets better retail tenants and some TLC.

3 Likes

I’m very intrigued by 850 7th Ave. As per ACRIS, it has not been sold. It’s beautiful (though in need of TLC).

1 Like

Hopefully they acquire the whole block haha

and preserve the nicer facades of course…

No developer would save the facade.

I don’t think that this is going anywhere because I suspect that all of those window a/c units are in rent-controlled apartments, and it would be very hard to get rid of the tenants.

I really hope that the retail is ungraded though. The building is beautiful, and yet, the retail was crap.

Going back to your initial Nov comment, just because retail or first floor businesses have closed in a building (in general) doesn’t necessarily mean that the whole building is being sold. Businesses could have been evicted or could not pay rent anymore.

But as it relates to this building in particular (848 7th Ave), it’s an office building, the window units installed because the building doesn’t have central heating and cooling (of course due to it’s 113 year age). Cushman & Wakefield is actively trying to find tenants for the ground floor retail.

1 Like

So nice to see the original copper cornice, they are missing in so many buildings from that era.

It’s crazy that this is an office building that lacks central air.