NEW YORK | 80-100 Flatbush Avenue (Alloy Block) | 482 FT + 840 FT | 40 + 74 FLOORS

Per NYguy:

Quote:
The Alloy Block

The Alloy Block broke ground last summer as one of the most ambitious new projects shaping Downtown Brooklyn. Bounded by Flatbush Avenue, Schermerhorn Street, 3rd Avenue and State Street, the first phase, which is slated for completion in 2024, will include the city’s first all-electric residential tower at 505 State St. and two public schools designed to meet Passive House compliance for energy efficiency.

Rising 44 stories and 480 feet, the residential tower will be home to 441 mixed-income units with rents starting as low as $750.

(In its second phase, a second residential tower will climb nearly double that height to 840 feet.)

When it’s complete, the Alloy Block will consist of 850 new residences, including approximately 200 affordable apartments, 200,000 square feet of Class A office space and 40,000 square feet of retail.

“Our impact can be provocative,” said Della Valle. “It’s such an interesting time. There’s a public health crisis, job market volatility, logistics challenges, inequality, a sustainability crisis — it’s all part of the daily discussion in Brooklyn.”

3 Likes

Taken 3.7

12 Likes

15 Likes

Nice areal shot of the site: the click and zoom feature produces fine detail. I am currently working inside that 3 story brownstone building directly across the street. BTW…I am looking for a PT Helper doing residential interiors in Down Town BK & Manhattan. DM me for info.

1 Like

Taken today

16 Likes

Crane erected today.

16 Likes

16 Likes

13 Likes

Well this thing is about to be huge.

11 Likes

10 Likes

Could have been even bigger, supertall #2, but ahh it’s okay. 840 is still going to be massive on the DTBK skyline. Especially as The Brooklyn Tower completely transforms it. With several other large ones as well.

Via:[Downtown Brooklyn (@downtownbrooklyn) • Instagram photos and videos]

12 Likes

Going quick! This is probably my second favorite project in Brooklyn rn. Wish it could have been taller but the design is much better so that makes up for it.

1 Like

Crane circled. For context, the building behind 100 Flatbush in this photo, 300 Ashland, is 364 ft.

Original photo: IMG_1800 by Clay Hensley, on Flickr

4 Likes

This thing is rising exponentially.

13 Likes

Will they only start on the second tower after the first is complete?

Here’s the second tower massing/rendering. PHASE ONE WAS originally supposed to be 986ft.

What we could’ve had originally.

To answer your question: WIKIPEDIA SAYS PHASE TWO WILL BE BUILT BY 2026 The Alloy Block - Wikipedia

Wikipedia states:
“Alloy announced in December 2019 that the first tower would be the first fully-electric mixed-use skyscraper in New York City; the first tower was pushed back to 2023 and the second tower was delayed to 2026.””””

2 Likes

What we could have had was so much better. Would have complemented the Alloy Block really well, but we’re stuck with a cigar-looking thing.

I like what we’re getting more

6 Likes

Yes I don’t know if we have anything substantial in the city that goes smoothly from a square base to cylindrical shape as it ascends like the taller tower does. The original would have been cool for height but I think the redesign is better.

4 Likes