NEW YORK | 740-750 8th Ave | 1067 FT | 52 FLOORS

I really don’t expect much here. I think that a hotel with rental apartments above it is the most to hope for, and I’d be surprised if it were taller than 800 feet. It would be nice to have a supermarket at the base.

1 Like

1,120 feet tall, with observation deck.

8 Likes

My lord!!!

2 Likes

The age of Ramses marches apace!!

1 Like

How could it be 1120 feet but only 40 stories?

2 Likes

600,000 sq feet of office. Small floor plates with high ceilings

2 Likes

Really high ceilings. That averages out to almost 30 feet per floor.

2 Likes

Observation floors+ mechanical floors+ lobby floors (also if it is indeed mixed use there maybe a sky lobby separating the programming)

2 Likes

I like this project and all but I’m not much of a fan of the design. Any chance of a re-design?

No design has been released yet. That cigar-like tower was just a concept by an architect unrelated to this development.

Edit: this is what I’m referring to.

3 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: bruh

^tower design made by me

^views from observation deck

^sketches and mock-ups

4 Likes
6 Likes

Those tacky holdouts on 8th ave will class the place up!

I always wonder why they don’t build new theaters for Broadway, I mean I know they’re protective of their interests and all, but sooner or later big theater sized sites like this one wont exist!

“Mr. [Barnett]: Tear down this [crap]!”

2 Likes

Who wouldn’t want highly-advanced interiors such as this?

Or this?

Or this?

Or this?

2 Likes

Oh jeez…I knew this would look weird based on what we knew about the floor count and height, but I wasn’t expecting this.

From SSP. Apparently these diagrams are from before Extell acquired the rest of the properties on the block and bumped the height, so this will end up looking a bit different from what’s shown here.

NYC’s version of London’s Tulip? I sure hope it looks better than that, but I’m not optimistic based on those diagrams.

2 Likes

(Update from Previous Deleted Post) This is where midtown can really push westward with a one-two punch.

I would start by basically building this tower as your typical, tried and true NYC fare, your architectural baseline/bread&butter.

542380AE-6F66-4934-922D-28CDD1CC8F36

I would follow that up by coming in with that super highly-experimental, bleeding-edge tower that would knock your socks off!

This building is really beautiful. Sexy.

1 Like

The old design, the new observation deck, and what a 2,000 foot observation tower would look like.