NEW YORK | 740-750 8th Ave | 1067 FT | 52 FLOORS

You’re scaring me, Robert. Riu Times Square is 300,000 square feet.

Does anyone know how many square feet this site has?

I would be fine with 850 feet in this part of Manhattan, given that info.

I thought Riu had a lot more than that.

Anyway, this part of 8th Ave would not command high condo prices. I can see rentals above the hotel and maybe some condos too, but the money maker here will be retail. It could reach a 1,000’, but would not be surprised to see 700’ to 850’.

I found the 300,000 figure from this Crain’s article:

According to the Post, it appears we were wrong with regard to the location of the new Hard Rock hotel.

The site is on West 48th Street next to 7th.

I walked by on 3/17 and noted that some of the buildings on 8th near 45th have been vacated. Presumably, Extell is trying to evict the remaining tenants.

Want something like this… 8th Avenue deserves it.

Copyright Markus Pillhofer via NY Yimby

11 Likes

I’m not counting on it. I don’t even think he’ll build tall. I’m expecting something no more than 750’ with a mix of hotel and apartments. The area’s still shady.

Wow this design is nice!

That’s what was planned for the site on 8th and 55th where BP built that lame glass office building.

As YIMBY says, this is just theoretical, but it’s cool anyway.

8 Likes

8 Likes

I’m John Boehner, and I endorse that message!

2 Likes

Looks like something you’d see in China or UAE not NYC.

2 Likes

A great scoop by Yimby!

I believe that Extell owns all of the parcels on 8th. I wonder if there are lease issues with the tenants that haven’t evacuated, like the Trattoria.

4 Likes

Still just speculation at this point.

2 Likes

Of course. I’d be surprised if this is taller than 900’. This is not an area where super expensive condos would sell.

2 Likes

I doubt it would be mostly condos. Maybe a number of them towards the top of the building, with hotel and offices beneath.

1 Like

I agree. I envision a very large hotel, rental apartments and maybe some condos.

3 Likes

Interior demolition

Taken Yesterday

9 Likes

some permit activity

2 Likes