NEW YORK | 5Pointz Towers (22-44 Jackson Ave) | 498 + 440 FT | 48 + 41 FLOORS

I feel like one of the interview questions for anybody working in the Citi tower should be: Do you like skylines and skyscrapers? …

If they say yes, they will definitely not be getting an office facing West towards Midtown. Productivity would be low, due to constantly staring at the epic skyline, especially if the employee is into urban things to begin with like us over here.

I feel bad for tenants in other parts of the city that have an office view that is a brick wall. Those do exist. The top floor tenants for 1 Vandy are going to be in for a treat.

1 Like

I do look at many of these buildings, in person, as I travel the city. I and am amazed how photographic images can automatically ‘airbrush’ or otherwise sanitize the look of these buildings: all the subtle defects, and imperfections in appearance are minimized. So, yes - if you want to see how bad this building looks, or how shoddy the construction craftwork, you will need to take the 7 train and see for yourself. Models, renderings and photographs are great: but seeing these buildings ‘in-person’ tells the whole story.

1 Like

I work in a similar tower in downtown Brooklyn. My portion of the office faces the Verrazano Bridge and Staten Island. It’s actually a great view but not as distracting. I walk past our western facing part of the floor at least a few times a day to drool at the skyline. We can see everything from FiDi through Midtown. Thankfully our kitchen is located on that side so I don’t look crazy constantly going over there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to work on one the top floors in 4 Metrotech. That building has gigantic floor plates and I was 30 feet from a window (facing east into Bed Stuy/Glendale/points beyond) so that was the bad view…But the views of Manhattan on the other side of the building were something else! I regret not taking pictures; I was jealous of the people who had the sick view (I never saw any of them ever even looking out the window, sad!)

8 Likes

Earlier today

5 Likes

11.23.19:

7 Likes

So true, on the 7 train this building really looks like crap. Made me think this building will have leaks when it rains due to the shoddiness that’s so evident. From a distance these buildings are acceptable filler IMO so it could be worse. Funny how 5pointz was so colorful and eye-catching before and these structures are about as boring as it gets

Taken 2.2.20:

9 Likes

Bland. Bring back the street art!

3 Likes

New York, New York. Shutting down nuclear plants, expunging Amazon, chopping the height of DOB approved towers, forcing developers to dish out millions of the supposed value for “street art” I could mention some other subjects but they aren’t related to development. Sometimes it’s a wonder why this city still has the status it does. This may be pocket change for a developer, but I get a bad feeling from how much prodding state officials have been doing lately.

1 Like
5 Likes

From 3.1.20:

6 Likes

Imgur

6 Likes

Is this from a phone or DSLR? If it’s a phone, it’s got a great night time mode.

this is from the Newtown Pentacle (Mitch Waxman) flickr account. I think he has a professional-grade camera.

1 Like

I think these would not look so bad without the glassy penthouses on top

2 Likes

Without the glassy top it would be mundane rather than unattractive. A lousy design replaces an exciting world famous outdoor artist heaven. Too bad.

2 Likes

It’s funny I think the opposite. I imagine they would look worse without them. Or like @chused mentioned, even more boring.

1 Like

Aesthetic tastes vary—and glad they do. But I think we agree this is not a good architecture product in either case.

1 Like