NEW YORK | 545 West 37th St | 622 FT | 46 FLOORS

I’m really liking this design. Particularly like the, “contiguous green element” as they called it

Is their any update i see vehicles parking but no digging

Im curious to see how the strip club and horse stable fits in these plans.

1 Like

Looks like they should start this project in 2019, as they just received the predevelopment loan. The design looks good but has those annoying blank walls.

6 Likes

came across this on a google search. Their page lists the status as unbuilt, so maybe this design is nixed.

https://archinect.com/people/project/54530189/panoramic/150098603

4 Likes

Looks like this is about to get started.

1 Like

This looks lame.

https://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BScanJobDocumentServlet?requestid=4&passjobnumber=122906506&passdocnumber=05&allbin=1091711&scancode=ES281939841

1 Like

So this is 2 towers. Smaller one is 463 feet tall.

I hope that this won’t have any presence on Tenth Ave because it seems that it might be lame. If it’s buried on 37th St., I wouldn’t care as much.

the vague drawing reminds me of their meatpacking district office building, which is pretty nice.

2 Likes

Some renderings (that were revealed a while back). Interesting (massive) lighting going on in this one. Thoughts?

CityRealty recently wrote on this pair of buildings…

In the wake of the pandemic-induced plummet in tourism, some wondered about the future of New York hospitality. The Chetrit Group has stayed optimistic, though—their plans for a hotel/condo up the street from Hudson Yards have been in the works since the mega-development was still under construction, and recently approved zoning plans show that they will proceed with a two-towered scheme designed by C3D Architecture, which has replaced CetraRuddy as the project architects. At 46 stories and 622 feet high, it is poised to make a definitive statement in the Midtown West skyline.

Upon completion, the tower will feature 421 hotel rooms and 135 condos on top. Residential amenities are set to include storage, bike room, package/mail room, fitness room with spin/yoga/Pilates studio, and lounge. They will presumably have access to the hotel’s amenities as well, which are expected to include restaurants, events rooms, lounges, a pool and sauna, and attended parking. (CityRealty)

1 Like

Nothing has been filed on the DOB website for years.

I wonder what’s going on with Larry’s site at the old MB dealership.

Chetrit defaulted on their loan for this site… they don’t seem to be doing well to say the least.

1 Like

Hopefully, someone else will come up with a better design.

1 Like

source

7 Likes

3 Likes

In my lexicon of Architectural aesthetics there are only two categories: good, and better/best. In other words: Architecture that is capital “A” Art - and then there is that which is not. This is NOT capital A architecture. Capital A Architecture that rates the better/best distinction is done often enough in NYC: so for that I am thankful.

This is a generic building that surely meets all the necessary financial & programatic requirements; it terms of the ‘looks’ of the building it rates a solid GOOD.

I am OK with the fact that most buildings are not the product of ‘high-design’ Architectural firms: I see nothing here to either denigrate or celebrate.

A brighter, more attractive color would help; but this one looks good enough. So now, we can see something finally rise on this site… :star_struck:

2 Likes