NEW YORK | 45 East 45th Street | FT | 100 FLOORS

The Roosevelt itself is not part of Midtown East Rezoning , but the Vanderbilt Corridor -as @TKDV said before-
I haven’t found nor the size of the plot, neither the Gross Buildable Floor Area.
If someone got the data , It would be grateful.

4 Likes

Yes, that is correct, but I’ve just mentioned that it is 700 sqft smaller than the One Vanderbilt lot at 43,313 sqft vs 44,048 sqft and is zoned with a FAR of 21.6.

Thanks @TKDV , that was the info I was asking for. Where does it come from? i haven’t found any Vanderbilt Corridor rezoning info in that sense.

1 Like

I have to correct myself, some GIS map data has conflicting information, but both sites are the exact same size, it’s just that One Vanderbilt was allowed a FAR of 30, while this site still only has a FAR of 21.6 like the other sites within the corridor. They are both 43,313 sqft.

The information for the Vanderbilt Corridor can be found here,
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/planning/plans/vanderbilt-corridor/vanderbilt-corridor.page

In the existing core area of the Grand Central Subdistrict (between Madison and Lexington avenues from East 41st to East 48th streets, including the Vanderbilt Corridor) the maximum permitted site floor area ratio (FAR) can be increased to 21.6 FAR through a transfer from a landmark building and requires a City Planning Commission (CPC) special permit applicable in the Subdistrict.

2 Likes

Madison Avenue next to Vanderbilt corridor has got plots huge enough to build something great. I hope all of them to be redeveloped -and not Tower Fifth current design please-.

The Jewel on the crown is the old Pfizer hq, I hope something great goes there. It is almost orgasmic that view of 42nd street with the 175 Park Ave, this potential new building, One Vanderbilt…

Site 10 , the current Intercontinental, is another great site
and i hope developers combine site 12 with Potential site K

The whole lot would be almost 65.000 sqft .Amazing.

Do you think all the projected sites will become a reality? I dream so.

4 Likes

If such similar design will be built here I would be very pleased with the result.

It would be a super tall in the historic style of the 20s, and 30s with a height around 1350 feet.

A first drawing with two cross sections as a concept.

2 Likes

That would be an interesting design. I’d love to see a crown like Liberty Place on such a tall one.

2 Likes

Oh thank you diet like my concept so much. When I have more time again follow more drawing but this may take time. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes
2 Likes

how does this relate to the building?

"It was also decided on Monday that Pakistan should offer 51% stakes in The Roosevelt Hotel, New York, and the PIA along with the management control to Qatar. But the PIA law bars selling more than 49% stakes and giving management control to any other party.

It was decided that the legal process to amend the PIA law should immediately be initiated to do away with the restricting clause."

Are you asking how selling a 51% stake in a building relates to a building?

2 Likes

I guess he’s probably wondering how this article generally has to do with the building.

Is that possible? If yes built.

2 Likes

Selling it would be a loss of prestige! I wouldn’t be too surprised to see it reopen as-is at least temporarily…

I would like to see a joint venture with a local developer to build a tower. You get a much larger tower on the Manhattan skyline, giving you much more prestige. Keep a not so silent share of 49% and give the developer 51%. Then you market the new tower like crazy in your own country, you get a massive boost in PR points there. You may not have the lions share, but you have 49% of 100 floors or so. Much better than 100% of 19 floors.

3 Likes

I see a Supertall…

I hope that it gets landmarked. This is a beautiful building.

1 Like

Please demo

Mcart:

Can you paste the text for this?

1 Like