NEW YORK | 41 West 57th Street | 1,100 FT | 63 FLOORS

you’re the best @rgarri4, thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks! Could we also get one angle of north-south and south-north? This building will make the biggest impact looking from Central Park.

7 Likes

You rock dude :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Nice work! I like the up and down effect of the taller and shorter supertalls as seen in the 6th image.

I stayed in the Park Lane a few years ago. It’s a reasonably nice hotel at a reasonably affordable price considering its location. For that reason, it would be shame to see it go. Those of us who aren’t wealthy can splurge a little and stay there for a weekend and have a spectacular view of Central Park.

6 Likes

Dang, this was going to be 1400 feet tall at one point. Oh well, it’s still a supertall.

6 Likes

When was that?

OMA is the architect! I’m over the moon, always wanted an OMA supertall in NYC. https://www.crainsnewyork.com/commercial-real-estate/sedesco-offers-transit-elevators-square-footage-billionaires-row-skyscraper

Edit: pretty similar to one of their proposed Mumbai towers

7 Likes

This is just a proposal, right?

The design or the tower? It seems that this is definitely the design they’ve selected for this project. As for the project itself, if they’re applying for FAR bonuses in exchange for the transit improvements then I’d say this is on pretty solid footing. Don’t forget, they don’t need the extra FAR, they can build a 1100 foot tall tower as-of-right if they wanted. Look at the with-action vs no-action massings. They’re the same height.

2 Likes

4 Likes

That dumpy retail annex of that 58th street building needs to go asap!

1 Like

better resolution

source

9 Likes

Enhance!

Looks like a gridded facade facing the park and smooth glass on the east and west sides. The grid does not appear to be flush with the facade like 432 Park, rather it seems to jut out a bit from the glass, which should give it some texture.

7 Likes

Balconies?

More diagrams. It’s a crime against architecture that they couldn’t get the dumpy little white building to the west.

12 Likes

I like what I’ve seen so far, the angled curves have the potential to look very cool and dramatic. It will be interesting to see this ultra-modern tower next to the retro-styled Steinway. Looking forward to detailed renders.

Yeah that building is unfortunately a part of that equally ugly condo/apt building on 58th.

It would be a dream if that crappy Riflessi building came down.

So is this actually going to rise? The design looks decent enough.

Exactly what 57th Street needs right now. Some more context to flesh out the area between the gaps, not another huge, cloud-busting supertall to blow the skyline out of the water.

1 Like