Architect: Robert A.M. Stern Architects
Structural Engineer: WSP Cantor Seinuk

Renderings

30 Park Place, Image from Silverstein

30 Park Place, rendering ©Archpartners

Construction Update: 30 Park Place

BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON MAY 28TH 2014 AT 11:00 AM

30 Park Place

Construction continues at 30 Park Place in TriBeCa, and facade installation has now begun on the lower levels, where pre-fabricated panels are being placed along the exterior. Above, the levels marking the building’s transition from hotel to residential is obvious, and ceiling heights for remaining floors will be lofty. The architect is Robert A.M. Stern, and Silverstein is the developer.

The first of the facade

Once completed, the mixed-use residential and hotel tower will stand 937 feet and 67 stories above street level. The Four Seasons Hotel and Residences will have 185 hotel rooms and house 157 condominiums. Since last month’s update, the setback at the building’s 24th level has been passed, the structure is approaching its 30th floor.

Panels awaiting installation

The back-side of the pre-cast concrete panels

Waiting for installation

Aside from the crane jumps and concrete pours, panels for the facade are also arriving, and have quickly wrapped around a major portion of the base. What looks like limestone is actually pre-cast concrete, but from afar, the difference is not obvious. Ignoring the visible expansion joints, the cladding is a pleasant departue from typical new construction in the Financial District, which tends towards glassy.

30 Park Place

Vertical momentum has seemingly lessened with the construction of residential levels, but the disparity in ceiling heights would explain the difference. The relative uniformity of remaining floors should see the resumption of 30 Park Place’s rapid rise, and completion is expected in 2015.

30 Park Place

July 8 2014
Tectonic

1 Like

This tower is awesome!

1 Like

I took a photo of 30 Park Place (and 19 Park Place) from the top of a midrise on Murray Street on 7/13/15.
-Colin Miller

2 Likes

Full YIMBY Update – great shots Colin!

Construction Updates: 30 Park Place

BY: STEPHEN SMITH ON JULY 15TH 2014 AT 6:30 AM

19 and 30 Park Place, photo by Colin Miller

At the bottom of Tribeca, on opposite sides of Park Place, two very different buildings continue to rise.

The first is Silverstein’s 30 Park Place, designed by Robert A.M. Stern, which will eventually stand 67 stories and 937 feet. The ornamentation follows the pattern set at 15 Central Park West: light touches around the entrance, and above, a facade that is stark and unembellished.

30 Park Place, photo by Colin Miller

Cladding is making varying progress depending on the face, but the northern side has seen the façade rise a dozen or so stories above ground. While Stern managed to convince the Zeckendorfs of the benefits of limestone uptown, downtown Silverstein is going with cheaper pre-cast concrete panels.

[…]

Both projects will test the reach of the downtown ultra-luxury market, as Park Place sits outside of the most prime area, and the surrounding neighborhood arguably feels more like the Financial District or Civic Center than Tribeca.

Regardless, completion of 19 Park Place is expected by 2015, and 30 Park Place will wrap up by 2016.

2 Likes

Looking Good! Looks like this is going to be a fast riser! :smiley:
I’m excited, just got word from a friend that she’s in contract to buy a unit here in a high floor facing the WTC! I’ll post pics here as soon as its ready for delivery! :cheers:

4 Likes

This is an awesome tower! I can’t wait to see what Shvo has up his sleeve down at 22 Thames!

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Lion!

1 Like

Thank you for inviting me, Mr. Walpole!

1 Like

Welcome! Cheers cheers

Residential floors going quickly now:

August 2 2014
EarthCam

4 Likes

Great photo!!! This. 20 character min is a hassle though.

This building seems to be rising at around 1.5 floors a week I think! Glad to see the pace has picked up again seeing the past few months were painfully slow after a fast start

Latest update! :smile:

3 Likes

August 16th, 2014

2 Likes

©tectonic

5 Likes

Why must you come and slap my pictures with your amazing ones right after, in every thread Tectonic? LOL!

Sorry You’re giving details.

Who here has bought and why? I am deciding if this is a good investment

2 Likes