NEW YORK | 29-33 West 57th St | FT | FLOORS

Can’t wait for renderings and height info on this site. Lots of sites that have big plans ahead, yet we are in the dark. I guess it keeps the suspense in high gear for us. :wink:

I agree, Chris!

Only in NY!!!

I love the lines of the neighboring tower, the Solow building I believe. Great location.

I agree. The Grace Building on 42nd is the fraternal twin of Solow’s 9 W 57th.

Dec 17, 2015

2 Likes

Today

1 Like

This site has been cleared!

I hope that Virnado builds another Stern tower here. I don’t know how many air rights Vornado has, but a slender 900’+ limestone tower would be quite nice here!

Dec 30, 2015

2 Likes

The site has been fully cleared.

Jan 8, 2015

2 Likes

Jan 14, 2015

3 Likes

Jan 22nd

Feb 2, 2016

Waiting for Godot

5 Likes

Hopefully we get some info and renderings soon enough. I wonder when construction will start here…

1 Like

I’m really curious about this site’s air rights. This can be at least a 700’ tower but perhaps 1,000.

Raw as-of-right potential, I believe, is between 150k to 200k. I’ll have to calculate it again. Air rights elsewhere could bump that up, of course!

Edit: 27-33 West 57th has 150,660 square feet of development rights. 35 W. 57th has 26,320 square feet of air rights (I’d image they get them). There are a few other properties with lots of air rights still.

1 Like

Thanks, Vena!

I love this view of the Solow building, albeit a temporary one.

I can’t wait to see the design for this site.

2 Likes

Interesting comments considering that LeFrak is Vornado’s partner at this site, though part of the plan is for a five-star hotel.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I wonder if they’ll build now or hold off for later like the Park Lane tower. But then again, this is a vacant lot and that’s a still profitable hotel.

1 Like

I agree. I think they’ll proceed. Part of this is supposed to be a hotel which will generate money.

1 Like