NEW YORK | 278 8th Ave | 12 Fl | Ft

Windows going in. Note the canted black panels on some.

9 Likes

This looks like good quality glass unless I am looking at optical illusion.

1 Like

Has to be or the street noise will be crazy intrusive. This is the corner of 8th Ave and 23rd St.; sirens galore.

Less certain is whether there’ll be any meaningful sound insulation between the apartments, but I won’t have to live there in any case.

1 Like

Isn’t this office?

Last I heard, it’s a residential building with a ton of rental units. (See first post.)

I saw commercial and thought office -

10 Likes

I’m a little surprised they would take the 24th St corner.

6 Likes

Photo by Michael Young

6 Likes

Patiently waiting for the Target to open -

I quote Andrew Alpern from the YIMBY comments section. Who, btw ,may be the same guy who has written a few good books on the subject. We get some very impressive commentary here on YIMBY.

My sentiments exactly as per Andrew Alpern.

QUOTE: Inoffensive and a whole lot better than the chaotic design that was first announced. Another lost opportunity for architectural excellence, but at least it’s a background building that isn’t trying to be more than it is. A sad commentary on the state of real estate development that we are grateful that it isn’t aggressively ugly or intrusive.

2 Likes

8 Likes

JC great composition! :+1:

2 Likes

They’ve named it Chelsea Canvas.

The rental rates are… a bit jaw-dropping.

2 Likes

They are quite high but unfortunately thats on par with any new “luxury” apts rates in Manhattan that I’ve been seing. But the units themselves do look quite sizeable which is nice and atleast somewhat justifiable of a higher price.

Not a very glamorous location, but convenient.

Yeah if I had to choose between 6k for a 1 bedroom in Chelsea OR stash 3k into savings and only pay 3k for a two (maybe even 3 bedroom) in Harlem…

What do you think I’ll choose?

People truly have money that flows like eternal water.

1 Like