NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

It’ll be one of the few buildings with a roof height higher than 1WTC which is significant.

5 Likes

Side note, as much as I dislike that ugly mast on top of 1WTC, if they just had it clad it would be 10X better than it is right now.

6 Likes

Very likely that the actual design will end up having those “Jamie” diamonds.

1 Like

It does, you can already see them taking shape on the east and west sides just above the base.

5 Likes
21 Likes

Shots from @NYguy over on Skyscraperpage

It’s taking shape , I have a strong feeling this one will rise quickly.

23 Likes

It should, all steel -

4 Likes

This might rise as fast as One Vandy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

19 Likes

ESB doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb any more.

1 Like

You mean like a magnificent middle finger to the rest of the world. lol

5 Likes

Lol, the next time when someone from somewhere says that the billionaires’ row supertalls are out of place and it sticks out like a sore thumb, I’d say to them like “Yeah, so does the ESB.”

3 Likes

Too DAy :slight_smile:
20220117 - 10:45 AM

16 Likes

I edited a 2018 rendering of a preliminary design by Adamson Associates to show the Foster design as it might look in full from Park Avenue:

(The perspective in the original image is super exaggerated, so I can’t say I got the scaling exactly right in my edit!)

29 Likes

Nice job!

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Nice job indeed! And now I’ll nitpick. :slight_smile: I’d scale it up a bit - you’ll only see the first fan column from that angle and the table top is taller - this building is a beast!

7 Likes

Thanks for pointing out that point of reference! I had scaled my model directly over the silhouette of the ~1150’ tall AAI design in the original image- it seems they took some artistic liberty with the scaling for the sake of the rendering’s composition! This building will certainly tower over its surroundings a lot more.

6 Likes

It might look something like this…

The white lines is a possible windbreak on the building.

Link to the construction cam:
Public Player

Pic by Nyguy on SSP

13 Likes

The time lapse on the construction cam is very cool. Kinda sad to watch the demo of the old building, but thinking this new one will be worth it.

1 Like