NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

Does this mean under 300m???
Goddamit

5 Likes

where in his interview do you see 300M and below, im confused.

1 Like

Spritzer isnā€™t involved in 270 Park, heā€™s referring to his own projects. It would be a stunning turn of events if 270 wasnā€™t at least a supertall.

1 Like

My mistake, Iā€™m just so ready to be dissapointed that I put the carriage before the horse
Mess

6 Likes

Iā€™m waiting to be disappointed with the design :laughing:

But this one should be quite large. Itā€™s been reported that theyā€™ve amassed almost 800,000 sqft of air rights (and may still be looking for more). Add to the fact that this plot is absolutely enormous, and the fact that theyā€™re very cramped for space in a 700 ft tower (and renting out lots of space elsewhere), and I think odds are in our favor. The NYT claims 1200ft but I can see it going taller.

5 Likes

NY hasnā€™t built a single disappointing supertall.

1 Like

I agree, except the NYT Tower is horrendous. But does that even count as a supertall?

3 Likes

Iā€™m prepared for a conservative design, that seems to be the way of things with big financial companies. But I wouldnā€™t be surprised if this turns out to be much taller than 1200ā€™.

JPMC is one of the few companies with the resources to spare no expense. If theyā€™re really planning to consolidate many offices into this one building (including the flexibility for future growth), Iā€™d honesty be surprised if this wasnā€™t at least as large as One Vanderbilt.

9 Likes

Especially with the large trading floors and ceiling heights typical for those floors. This can easily be 1200-1600 ft if we allocate the space a certain way, bar any sort of architectural crown or element. Hopefully its not a rectangle, but something nice. Hereā€™s to hoping! :beers:

6 Likes

Iā€™m guessing 1,600ā€™. The King of Wall Street will make a statement with this tower.

8 Likes

this is going to be a thicc tower. Iā€™m expecting more in the 1100-1200 range. The wording from the preliminary reports was ā€œas much as 500ā€™ tallerā€

3 Likes

they could be talking roof height, or highest occupied floor/

1 Like

Honestly, anything less than 1500 ft I would consider a disappointment :laughing:

4 Likes

This is gonna be big. I have a feeling itā€™ll crack the 1550ā€™ mark. Its a lot of development rights, factored that in with class A space accommodated for banking/trading, and your looking at quite high ceiling heights. Along with the amenities that are staples in banking towers, and this will be a biggie. Spire or not is what Iā€™m wondering, but bulk wise, I think at a minimum this will be 1400ā€™. At a minimum.

Just as a reference, Vanderbilt is 1.7 mil-sq ft. Will share similar class A space. IF we are talking 1.8 - 2.4 mil-sq ft, its a very real possibility.

This will be a trophy tower for an elite bank.

With the continued acquisition of rights from Grand Central.

7 Likes

200 West is a true trophy building and only 750 ftā€¦

It probably will be a big ass tower but I doubt it will be quite in the 1500 range, because buildings that tall usually are just impractical. When youā€™re getting into the hundred floor range the logistics get pretty nasty

1 Like

Though unlikely I hope itā€™s about 1500 feet, I hope this tower is a gem. It would be nice to get an 1800 footer one day but youā€™d have better luck lifting a jet liner with your pinky than that happening

1 Like

Depending upon the crown, I can easily see this reaching 1,500 feet.

5 Likes

Well I built this in near 1:1 scale in Minecraft to see how it would come out.

I guess one advantage is the sort of ā€œI built the tallest building ever demolished when it was standingā€ bragging rights but I did it mainly out of boredom. ā€˜Tailā€™ not shown.

9 Likes

Foster+Partners will design, much to @robertwalpole 's dismay Iā€™m sure.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-30/jpmorgan-taps-architect-foster-partners-for-new-headquarters

9 Likes

Hahahaha I was about to post that, poor Robert, heā€™s not gonna be pleased with this at all.

4 Likes